Our day at Sheraton Cable Beach/Night at Aura

lmt0714

I just got back from a weekend cruise on Sensation and wanted to let everyone know about our experience at the Sheraton and at Atlantis/Aura.

We took a taxi from the pier to the Sheraton ($5 per person), walked right through the lobby and out to the pool. We had decided to just go there and see what they said about buying a day pass. We set up on chairs (there were 11 of us) and the towel/lifeguard guy came over and said it would be $5 to use their chairs. So we paid and enjoyed the pool area and beach for the entire day. It was beautiful...big lagoon pool with swim up bar, restaurant, bar service at the pool and beach, and crystal clear water. We really enjoyed the day. We thought the restaurant was a little expensive, but good and there were issues with running credit cards for our bar bill (we ended up having to pay cash) but I thought it was a great place to spend the day.

After dinner on the ship, we got a taxi ($3 per person) to Atlantis and headed to Aura. They told us it was $50 per person to get in, but one of our friends talked them down to $20 per person since there were so many of us. I bought one drink for $12 and got the next 2 for free. The bartender would pour the drink and walk away, never to return with a bill or to ask for payment, and once a friend ordered 2 and he only charged her for 1. I have a feeling that because we were a bachelorette group with big pink boas and dancing crazy around the whole place they helped us out a little bit! Although I would never pay $50 to go to a club, I didn't mind the $20 and we all ended up having a really fun night.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Archived