Shipping Liquor

Savannah

Hmm..I don't know. Just for fun I went to the [URL=http://www.guavaberry.com/guavaberry.htm]Guavaberry site[/URL] and they can ship the Guavaberry liquor to the US, but not their other liquors.

Don't know how this translates to other, non-native liquors that you can normally find in the states. I'd suspect it may be a hassle and/or the shiping charges would negate any real savings. Again, this is just me thinking out loud...I don't have any cold hard facts to back me up

I found this on Princess' website...

On cruises calling at ports of the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, or American Samoa, U.S. residents are allowed an additional exemption of $1200 when returning to the U.S., including four liters of alcoholic beverages provided you have the proof of purchase from the designated ports. Of your $1200 exemption, no more than $600 worth of articles may have been purchased in the islands. [I]Articles acquired in these islands need not accompany you but may be sent to the U.S. and claimed under your duty free personal exemption if properly declared.[/I] Please note that family members, who live in the same home and return together in the U.S., may combine their standard personal exemptions. Children are allowed same as adults, with the exception of alcohol and cigarettes.

Archived