Bus to Escambron Beach?

Me&Steenie

My daughter and I will be in San Juan next Thursday (7 am to 3:30 pm), and we wanted to go to Escambron Beach. Does anybody know what bus number we have to take? From my research, I believe it may be B21. I'm on a budget, and I'd like to save money by taking the bus instead of a taxi. Thanks!

It depends which cruise ship pier you arrive at:

If you're at a pier near Old San Juan and the Sheraton Hotel, go to the Bus Station which is just across from WesternBank on the first floor of the big parking garage just across from the piers. Here you can take the #M-1 which is the first lane when you enter. You have to pay 50 cents exact change and the bus goes close to the beach. You'll go past the capitol building and turn onto the main road that runs along the ocean (great views). When you pass KFC and El Hamburger, the bus will make a right hand turn along the park. You can get off here and walk to the beach. You can also get off at the stop after the bus turns left along Ponce de Leon if you want to be closer to the Normandy or Caribe Hilton. Note: For the return trip - make sure you get on the bus along the Park on Ponce de Leon near the Millennium Condos (New Miami Style Building) or the Torre de la Reina condo since the bus goes straight back to Old San Juan on this street and doesn't turn to go back along the ocean.

You can also take the #21 or #5 or #9 which go through a back street with some housing projects behind the two condos just mentioned above - but its hard to tell when to get off the bus - if you miss the stop, you'll end up across a complicated bridge interchange or at the convention center. The correct bus stop is just next to the Millennium condo - and there are a few bus shelters in a grassy area - but make sure you ask the driver to let you off for Escambron. These three busses are all 75 cents exact change. Some of these busses are 'wrapped' with ads - making it hard to tell exactly where you are sometimes...

I'd stick with the #1 - they leave about every 15 minutes and its the easiest to figure out... and you can use any of the stops along the park - so you don't have to worry about missing the stop. Its a pleasant walk through the park - and there is an overpass linking the park with the beach. Leave about 10 minutes to walk from the bus stop to the beach.

• 2 weeks later...

we will be on the caribbean princess , not sure where it docks, but we will be meeting friends at the ritz carlton isla verde can you tell me how to take the bus to this location. there will be 11 people in our group. is there another mode of transportation you would recommend? thanks!

Archived