full ship

this may sound like a crazy question, but i have never cruised on an a full ship. usually go in early dec and have half or little more. are the lines long for everything, will i notice the rest of the 2000+ people? will the kids get cranky waiting for mini golf, rock climbing wall etc. just so you know i'm not a snot, just work with the public everyday in my line of work and really need to relax. please no advice from anyone negitive. too much on the boards these days. because i just may be the one checking in your bags for your airline trip to your ship....

sincere thanks....richterscale

sailing on jewel 4 dec ..

Nordic Prince 88 Homeric 89 Seaward 89 Sovereign 94 Majesty 01 Disney Wonder 02 Jewel 04

I was on Serenade in February, and I had no problems with too many people, and the ship was full.

Sovereign 2/2000

Voyager 3/2002

Enchantment 3/2003

Serenade 2/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;2;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Explorer of the Seas 2/27/05

We were on the Mariner of the Seas over New Years--a full ship. It was obviously busy, but we never felt crowded. Didn't wait in any terrible lines, and I HATE lines! A few minutes in the Windjammer at breakfast time was about it. Have a great time!

Chris

Adventure of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;5;29;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm just back off the Splendour sailing and the cruise director announced that we were ~50 short of being a full ship. It wasn't really that bad. The only thing that was in short supply were deck chairs. We were usually out by 10 on our days at seas and had no problems finding chairs. From approx. 11-2 or so there was a lot of people walking around for chairs. Even though they tell you not to save chairs, people do, but we did see staff coming around and taking towels off of chairs if people weren't sitting in them. Otherwise, there were no real problems with lines for anything including dinner shows, rock wall, etc.

THE DECK CHAIR THING IS AN ANNOYANCE. I REFUSE TO LET MY KIDS SAVE A CHAIR. THEY LEAVE EVERYTHING WITH ME. I AM WITHIN EYE SHOT OF THE POOL, BUT NOT ONE OF THOSE PARENTS WHO HAS TO BE NEXT TO THE POOL. AGES 10 AND 12 AND HAVE PASSES ALL SWIM TESTS.. IS IT ADVISABLE TO BOOK THE OPTIONAL DINING WHEN WE FIRST GET ON, OR IS THERE OPENINGS ONCE WE ARE AFLOAT.?DH DOES NOT CARE, BUT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE NICE FOR THE 2 OF US AND THE KIDS IN THE ADVENTURE CLUB.

Nordic Prince 88 Homeric 89 Seaward 89 Sovereign 94 Majesty 01 Disney Wonder 02 Jewel 04

Both cruises I've been on have been full ships...and lucky me...so is my next. So this doesn't bother me...it is what I'm used to. But I imagine if you are used to cruising with a half empty ship...you may find it a bit crowded.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;4;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until my Majesty of the Seas cruise!

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

We were on the Voyager in March and it was full.

Book you optional dining ASAP to insure that you get the day/time that you want. Our tablemate booked first day and still had to take a time other than her first choice.

On sea days, deck chairs will be hogged. Also, if you tender to shore - you could have a little wait if you are not taking an excursion. We went to pool for a while until the waits settled down so it was not a problem.

You should have a great cruise regardless of the numbers.

The holiday cruises are always full and always alot of children. Some ships, it has been crazy, and some no big deal.

The millennium, Christmas 2000 was really bad. I think it was because the crew was unfamiliar with the ship. New ship, and the first in its class. Alot of lines and childrens rules where not being followed. I just learned to not cruise on brand new ships, during the holidays. Other then that one, the only differance is the amount of children. Full, or half full, I have not noticed. icon_smile.gif Also if you know "how not to stand in line" your fine. We always wait. I tell new cruisers, you dont have to wait in those lines. You wont miss anything. And you leave the cruise experiance alot happier. icon_cool.gif I think the ships handle a "full ship" rather well.

Lets Go!

Royal's Viking Seranade 1/94

Carnival, Holiday 12/95

Carnival, Jubilee 12/96

Royal's, Song of America 11/98

Celebrity Galaxy 9/99

Royal's, Viking Seranade 6/00

Celebrity, Millennium 12/00

Royal's Vision 2/02

Royal's Vision 12/02

Royal's Monarch 6/03

Celebrity Galaxy 9/17/04 !!

Just off Brilliance, and the CD said we were 110% because of kids and school vacations. Since we didn't tender, it wasn't a problem. And most of the kids were great when we saw them. I prefer a smaller ship, but had a great time on this one. Nancy

Im pretty sure there was a full ship thanksgiving on the explorer, but you couldnt really notice, besides breakfast at the windjammer, there was barely anyone on the ship it seemed. I remember walking on deck about 6 pm and I might have saw 2 people.

thanks for the info. the optional dining and spa stuff i assume has to be booked when you get on the ship. i think i saw a spa treatment like the "surreal bath" on disney and hope they have one on the jewel. nice way to start the vaca. disney magic had 900+ children and we never saw them. you know what i mean. my 2 dd's love to meet new people and will have a ball i'm sure. don't want to wish 2004 away but i'm really excited to go.

thanks again....richterscale

Nordic Prince 88 Homeric 89 Seaward 89 Sovereign 94 Majesty 01 Disney Magic 02 Jewel 04

They're talking about the extra cost restaurants - Chops & Portofinos. You need to make reservations for them and should do it as soon as you get on the ship to get the day and time you want. They're not on all ships, just Voyager (Eagle) and Radiance class.

Radiance to Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;14;11;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Jewel of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;12;4;11;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

thanks paulwn. i always research my vacations and want to get the most out of them. trying to talk dh into chops on one of the nites. he loves the regualr dining room, all the hustle and bustle. loves to interact with the waitstaff. i think maybe if the kids can go to the adventure club one nite we will go in that time. we enjoy eating together as a family, but want to enjoy 1 meal with him while kids go do the kid stuff. hey, maybe my secret code for you when we all meet at mm is "mermaid"

lolololol

thanks richterscale

Nordic Prince 88 Homeric 89 Seaward 89 Sovereign 94 Majesty 01 Disney Magic 02 Jewel 04

Archived