Who will Captain the Ecstasy on our Cruise???

parrotthead

We will be on the Ecstasy for the September 6th sailing.

Since Captain Scala and Chioe will be on vacation that month, who will be "Driving the Boat"???!!! :eek:

Does anyone know who the 'Stand in Captain' will be???

I dont want us to just be adrift in the Gulf.... :eek: ...altho, that might be fun...;) :p :cool:

We will be on the Ecstasy for the September 6th sailing.

Since Captain Scala and Chioe will be on vacation that month, who will be "Driving the Boat"???!!! :eek:

Does anyone know who the 'Stand in Captain' will be???

I dont want us to just be adrift in the Gulf.... :eek: ...altho, that might be fun...;) :p :cool:

Now I am a little disappointed. I was hoping Captain Scala would still be there when we sail on Sept 1st. Unless Captain Volpis the "stand in"...then I will be THRILLED. He is a HOOT!!!!

I heard that was "learn to drive a cruise ship" month, hehe...

yeah, one of the ladies in our group said she was going to take a swing at it. ;)

We told her that was fine as long as she kept us out at sea a few extra days.

yeah, one of the ladies in our group said she was going to take a swing at it. ;)

We told her that was fine as long as she kept us out at sea a few extra days.

Sounds like a plan!!!!! :D

We had a wonderful time. Sure hated to have to get off that ship! Oh well guess we will just have to book another one. I was shocked to see that Captain Scala wasn't the captain for this cruise. I thought I has seen some capers from someone that had just gotten back that listed him as the captain. Could have just thought I saw them capers. Who knows it might have been from a few years ago.

Oh, man--Captain Scala is awesome, funny guy. On our cruise (and probably every cruise) he kept threatening to sail the ship back to Galveston early if the passengers didn't show him enough love.

Here's a pic from Cigars Under the Stars on the Ecstasy in May. We don't even like to smoke (that much) but couldn't pass up a chance to hang with the captain!

Sorry he's going to be on vacation when you go. Probably deserves it though.

--Michelle (and Sarah)

captain.jpg

Hey Michelle (& Sarah)!!!

Yes, when we were on in January thats what he kept telling us too! He is a funny guy and so personable!

We especially loved him because he kept us out at sea an extra day on our last cruise!

(ok, Well, actually the Port was closed due to very heavy fog, but when he made the announcemet that we would be returning to port 12 hours late, he said it was because he liked us all so much that he could not bear to let us off the ship!):p :p

Hey you girls are in Dallas too! Wonder if we have crossed paths?!

DSC02684_1.jpg.527cf801708c7156750d115f2f5d3cee.jpg

Hey Michelle (& Sarah)!!!

Yes, when we were on in January thats what he kept telling us too! He is a funny guy and so personable!

We especially loved him because he kept us out at sea an extra day on our last cruise!

(ok, Well, actually the Port was closed due to very heavy fog, but when he made the announcemet that we would be returning to port 12 hours late, he said it was because he liked us all so much that he could not bear to let us off the ship!):p :p

Hey you girls are in Dallas too! Wonder if we have crossed paths?!

Hey Kandy (and Doreen),

How lucky--getting an extra sea day on your cruise! I don't know if I could enjoy it, though. I'd be too worried they'd run out of chili dogs with Sarah aboard. ;)

We might have seen you around town, but we really don't get out much. We've been at home eating frozen meals and watching tv every night, trying to save up for that next vacation!

Enjoy your trip,

Michelle

Hey Kandy (and Doreen),

How lucky--getting an extra sea day on your cruise! I don't know if I could enjoy it, though. I'd be too worried they'd run out of chili dogs with Sarah aboard. ;)

We might have seen you around town, but we really don't get out much. We've been at home eating frozen meals and watching tv every night, trying to save up for that next vacation!

Enjoy your trip,

Michelle

Us too... We hang out with friends a most weekends or at The Harbor Area in Rockwall. (neat little place,coffee house, restaurants, movie theater etc)

{Plus, we are 'old foggies' (sorta) and cant stay out too late too often} :p ;)

Archived