Maybe a dumb question.....

Has anyone ever done an excursion AFTER the cruise? We have time to kill and we were thinking of doing a ship sponsored excursion. If we do this, what happens to our luggage? I assume someone from RCI will guide the excursion? I think when the excursion ends they drop us off at the Orlando airport. Thanks for any information. Obviously I've never done this before.:confused:

All of the information you seek should be printed in the descrition of the shore excursion. Since not all excursions will be the same you need to ask about the particular you're choosing. Some may store your luggage on the bus others may not. some may go to a certain airport only others may not.

You will be one of the first off the ship and will be delivered to the airport with your bags (stored under the bus, I assume). RCCL will give a specify a time which you departure needs to be after before you book the excursion.

We have always done the city tour and airport dropoff in a city we have never been to.

Your luggage goes on the tour bus with you. Your guide is an employee of the tour company. they drop you at your airline door uually or close to it.

Its usually a few dollars more than the RC transfers. In Vancouver, it was $1 more to do a 4 hour tour and dropoff than a dropoff!

Has anyone ever done an excursion AFTER the cruise? We have time to kill and we were thinking of doing a ship sponsored excursion. If we do this, what happens to our luggage? I assume someone from RCI will guide the excursion? I think when the excursion ends they drop us off at the Orlando airport. Thanks for any information. Obviously I've never done this before.:confused:

Do you live in Vegas? I am in Henderson.

I did an Everglades tour once after a cruise. My luggage was stored in a bus and the bus drove us to the airport at the end of the tour. Nice way to kill some time if you have a late flight .

We took a tour of Old San Juan after our AOS honeymoon cruise in May of 2007. The tour was awesome, and it was really nice not having to wait in line for taxis to the airport. We were in one of the smaller theaters (for quite a while, but with plenty of seats and good a/c, no worries!) with several excursion groups. After we were cleared to exit, we all found our bags in the warehouse, took them to our tour's bus, staff loaded all of us onto one bus, our luggage onto another, and off we went. When we got to the airport after the tour, our bags were sitting outside, but in a covered area lined up again (similar to the warehouse when you get off the ship, but WAY fewer to dig through and with a "gaurd" watching them). We simply picked them up, got in the airline's que, checked them and sadly, headed home! :) Overall, it was awesome, and such a relief to not have to worry about transportation to the airport, and getting to see San Juan (we flew in the day of since we got married the day before, and went straight to the ship, so this was our only shot as seeing San Juan). A few negatives were that even though our luggage was under a covered area, any decent rainstorm would've left it rather soaked, and the "gaurd" wasn't exactly excited looking about sitting around for hours staring at bags. I also don't remember being asked for confirmation of our bags, so between the bored gaurd and this, it'd be relatively easy to walk off with somebody else's. We didn't see anybody have any trouble with this however.

Also, several years ago on a cruise with my parents, we went to the Everglades after a cruise to/from FLL on Celebrity. Must admit, I don't remember how our luggage got to the airport, I seem to think it was with us on our HUGE bus. That tour was BORING and I was so happy to finally get to the airport.

Definitely check out the tour, make sure you know where your things are, who is watching them, and that everyone in your party is interested in the excursion. All in all, I would absolutely book another post-cruise excursion. Good luck!

I did an Everglades tour once after a cruise. My luggage was stored in a bus and the bus drove us to the airport at the end of the tour. Nice way to kill some time if you have a late flight .

we did this too, after disembarking LOS last summer. we were dropped off at Miami airport earlier than expected, but seeing as we had unwisely packed all our booze in our carry-ons, we spent some time decanting into our luggage :)

We did the Everglades tour as well. It probably would've been nicer if it that cold front hadn't come through the night before and it had been warmer than 40 degrees outside.

We have late flights out of Orlando too. I was wondering the same thing.

We took a tour of Old San Juan after our AOS honeymoon cruise in May of 2007. The tour was awesome, and it was really nice not having to wait in line for taxis to the airport.

(snipped for length)

Thanks for that excellent description! Our flight home from San Juan in December is at something like 4:30, so we'd been contemplating an Old San Juan excursion for that last day. (Particularly as even though we are technically coming in the day before the cruise, we'll be landing at SJU around 11:30 p.m. so that day isn't exactly useful.) Good to have that feedback on how it all works out. :)

We have late flights out of Orlando too. I was wondering the same thing.

It looks like there isn't much offered when docking at Port Canaveral. Tours of Kennedy Space or airboat ride. I think the airboat might be fun. We need to do something to kill some time. I just wasn't sure about the luggage. Pretty sure they didn't put it on the airboat too but not sure what they did do with it.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

Archived