Butler Dinner in Cabin ?

conandrob240

So, if the butler brings you dinner from one of the speciality resturants, I understand you pay the normal cover charge. Can 1 person of 3 people order from a speciality in cabin and the other 2 off the free room service menu? I ask because my father wouldn't eat ANYTHING at the asian or french restaurants (no, not even a plain item, no not even a bite, so don't ask;) ) but I'd like to try them and that might be a way for me to do it without him sitting there while I eat and vice versa.

So, if the butler brings you dinner from one of the speciality resturants, I understand you pay the normal cover charge. Can 1 person of 3 people order from a speciality in cabin and the other 2 off the free room service menu? I ask because my father wouldn't eat ANYTHING at the asian or french restaurants (no, not even a plain item, no not even a bite, so don't ask;) ) but I'd like to try them and that might be a way for me to do it without him sitting there while I eat and vice versa.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't - might be a little stressful for the butler - as they will have two restaurants to order from - but I'm sure they would be happy to accommodate you.

Hello there.....

So that you can get the full experience, you might ask the Maitre 'D of the French restaurant if he could provide a meal from the regular menu for your father. I bet that can be done. I know many people order items not on the menu and are almost always able to get it if it is on the ship.

BUT, if you have a suite with Butler service, I am very sure he can provide whatever type of meal you want.

Happy Cruising!!!! :D

Actually, it just dawned on me that when we were in the Italian restaurant on the Jade for a group dinner a few of the people wanted to go to the main restaurant as it was "Lobster Night" - and the server told us we could order the Lobster from the main restaurant and they would bring it in.

At the time the Italian was no charge - but you may still be able to do it if you care to.

Your butler will bring your meals from whatever restaurant(s) you want. On our recent Dawn cruise to Bermuda, one evening we had dinner served in our suite from the Venetian (they had killer rack of lamb!) with side orders of lobster tacos from Salsa. So, our butler went to both restaurants for our dinner that evening - no problem.

We tipped our butler VERY well at the end of the cruise - his service and professionalism were above and beyond........I think you will find that a good butler will go to whatever lengths he can to ensure that you have a great cruise experience.

We are so spoiled by the butler service on NCL that DH and I decided we wouldn't cruise unless we could do so in a suite - so only one cruise a year for us but BOY OH BOY what great cruises they are!

Just curious, we'll be in an AE on deck 9 in Sept. Same butler?

Possible. The butlers rotate through the decks about every 6 weeks or so. And, one butler is assigned to one deck. So, the butler who served Watchdiva may very well be the same one who serves you. It depends on timing.

Hi - we had an AD on Deck 10 on the Dawn. By the time you cruise, "our" butler may have rotated to Deck 9. We've never had less than stellar experiences with any butler who has worked with us and I hope you will come back and post the same when you return from your cruise.

Archived