Princess World Cruise

HAPPY RETIREES

I can't answer your question but I'd love to hear about your experience on HAL, and I hope some other former world cruisers will chip in. My husband and I are only in our early 40's but planning a sabbatical year and thinking we might like to do a World Cruise during it. We're a little unsure though of how it will be to be on a ship that long. Also we've been told WC's tend to attract older cruisers (which makes perfect sense), so also a bit concerned how we will fit in, and if we will be able to find more "active" shore excursions (sailing, kayaking, biking, etc.). Appreciate any comments you may have. Like you, if we do it, we are trying to find the line and ship that would be a "best fit".

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to hear any comments on Princess,s 2008 world cruise, We cancelled this and went on HAL world now we are thinking about the world in 2010 and would like some comments from cruisers!! :)

There was only one post I can remember about the last Princess world cruise, and it wasn't very favorable. In fact, it was more or less a complaint review if I remember correctly. Not sure how long ago it was posted or how far back, but I remember it vividly. :( They were very unhappy.

There was only one post I can remember about the last Princess world cruise, and it wasn't very favorable. In fact, it was more or less a complaint review if I remember correctly. Not sure how long ago it was posted or how far back, but I remember it vividly. They were very unhappy

Toto, you are correct..........I do believe that all of their complaints led back to the fact that they did not like the R class ships. They wanted the CB or larger!

Although I am a huge fan of the R-class ships, I do think I might find them just a bit too confining for a World Cruise.

Given my druthers, I would prefer either a Sun class or Coral class sized ship for a cruise of that duration.

Actually, the former Royal Princess (now Artemis) was a perfect size (45,000GRT) for a World Cruise.

Although I am a huge fan of the R-class ships, I do think I might find them just a bit too confining for a World Cruise.

On that note we believe that you are correct.

We were on the Royal, over the Holidays, and met a couple that had the Royal World Cruise booked for January, 09.

They cancelled the WC due to the size of the Royal.

The R Class ships are somewhat lacking in size, given the competition from other Lines offering WCs.

I would like to hear any comments on Princess,s 2008 world cruise, We cancelled this and went on HAL world now we are thinking about the world in 2010 and would like some comments from cruisers!! :)

my husband & i did the pacific princess 2008 world cruise & loved it. we are in our mid 50's & though most of the passengers were older there were people our age & even some younger than we are. we really liked the size of the ship. this was our first cruise & more experienced cruisers may expect more than we did, but for us it was a great fit. there was a varied list of excursions to choose from in every port. we did all the overland tours & they were amazing.......great experiences, great guides, & great hotels. we made some wonderful friends; some of whom we have already seen since we got home & who we have plans to vacation with later this year. all in all the trip of a lifetime.

susie

Archived