need info on the imagination

Terry305

We are travelling in the imagination this Sept, any advise on the ship will be appreciated, how is the food???shows???do they have big lines in the buffet, we are doing the 4 day cruise, this is our third Carnival cruise, we did sail in the Valor in 06 and it was great, last year the Imagination 2007 and i was not impressed, especially with the food , so i am concerned about the Imagination. Thanks

We are travelling in the imagination this Sept, any advise on the ship will be appreciated, how is the food???shows???do they have big lines in the buffet, we are doing the 4 day cruise, this is our third Carnival cruise, we did sail in the Valor in 06 and it was great, last year the Imagination 2007 and i was not impressed, especially with the food , so i am concerned about the Imagination. Thanks

We'll be on the Imagination at the end of August. We were last on her in 2000, and thought everything was great. I have cruised mostly on Carnival and have yet to be disappointed in the food with them - and have found the food to be as good if not better than the other lines I have cruised with the possible exception of the Celebrity Meridian - but that was just a totally different experience around 16 years ago on an older, but very special & classic ship.

With the addition of the Deli (which I loved on the Miracle) along with the other new stations, as of course the yummy pizza, I am sure you will have nothing to worry about.

That being said, food is very subjective, and what I find to be very good, you may hate. We had that on the Miracle. There were 23 of us, and there were 23 different opinions on the food (most were very happy, a few indifferent, and one who wrote Carnival as they were that disappointed).

I'll have a full review when I return.

We cruised last Nov. just after she came out of drydock and absolutely loved what they did with it. The evolutions of fun upgrades were wonderful, the serenity deck out back was so relaxing. The food was hit and miss, but we didnt go hungry.

We returned last week from Imagination. Food was great; long lines at the buffet during embarkation, but that's expected. Other than that, we never really waited long. Dining room is still my favorite place to eat and I was more than satisfied with everything I ordered. Ship is nice, still a little "tacky" in some areas, but overall a great four-day get away. Saw two shows, both fine, nothing to write home about, but entertaining. The kids really enjoyed the new waterworks. Enjoy!!

I sail a lot on this class ship, and on port days lines aren't too bad, except for the 3-4pm when people are getting back from excursions.

I enjoy the food. The pizza is good, as are the deli sandwiches. I am not a huge buffet person, but I like the salads and the variety. I think I like the buffet better than the dining room.

I am going on this in Sep as well. I can't wait!

I was just on the Imagination last month, and had an awesome time! The food was great, from the dining room to the buffet. The Deli was excellent, and a great change of pace from some of the other options on the Lido deck.

If you want to avoid the big lines during embarkation, just get to the Port early. My gf and I got down there around 10am, and were checked in in no time. We could not board yet, but when they started boarding around 11:45am, we were in the first group to board and we went straight to the Lido deck for lunch. There were no lines for food or at the outdoor bar :D

I was never on the Imagiantion before the upgrades, so I don't know how it was before. But, the upgrades are great! The serenity area for adults is very relaxing and the water slides are a ton of fun.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sailed the Imagination this past January after the drydock refurb. This was my first Carnival cruise and I went in expecting a decent but unspectacular cruise. I was very pleasantly surprised. So much so that I have a cruise booked on the Miracle in January this year and the Freedom the following January.

Food was consistently very good -except- I was not impressed with the beef. We ate Dining room every night, Lido every lunch and did both for breakfast. Aside from steaks that were a little tough and not real tasty, I had no complaints whatsoever about the food operation. Even the steaks were not bad enough to send back, just nothing special.

Entertainment was very good and the CD, Jorge, was excellent. One of the comedians was not able to catch the ship in time and Jorge had to fill in. He had the crowd going and was a great fill in.

The ship itself was just great. The kids loved the Waterworks and everything looked like new. I would recommend the Imagination in a heartbeat!

Archived