jacksonville to disney

rphx2nc

We are ending a 5 day cruise vacation on a Thursday in September. DH thought he would have to return to work Friday but just found out he doesn't have to be back until Monday. So we have 3 extra days. My idea is to self debark cruise ship around 8 am and drive from port of jacksonville to Disney. I figure we could arrive around 11am for lunch and head to MK until 9 pm. Friday I think AK am and pool in afternoon and Saturday MK all day to 12 am. The next day a little swimming and drive home to NC. Is this realistic? We have 3 children 8, 6, and 4. We are skipping epcot and MGM this trip

We are ending a 5 day cruise vacation on a Thursday in September. DH thought he would have to return to work Friday but just found out he doesn't have to be back until Monday. So we have 3 extra days. My idea is to self debark cruise ship around 8 am and drive from port of jacksonville to Disney. I figure we could arrive around 11am for lunch and head to MK until 9 pm. Friday I think AK am and pool in afternoon and Saturday MK all day to 12 am. The next day a little swimming and drive home to NC. Is this realistic? We have 3 children 8, 6, and 4. We are skipping epcot and MGM this trip

Sounds doable, but you will be busy. It will take you two hours to get to Disney from Jax. The itinerary does sound good. September shouldn't be quite as bad as summer as far as the heat goes, but it sometimes stays summer until November.

Sounds doable, but you will be busy. It will take you two hours to get to Disney from Jax. The itinerary does sound good. September shouldn't be quite as bad as summer as far as the heat goes, but it sometimes stays summer until November.

Sorry to tell you but September is the hottest part of the year! It will not be busy because school is back in session. Your plan is doable. To save money stay at on of the Disney Hotels and you get transportation. We like the "modarate" for price and amenties. We sometimes go up and just stay at the resort. You can make a day of it. The French Quarter and Port Orlenes are close to each other and you can take the water taxi (free) back in forth then to down town disney. They both have a pool area that is like a small waterpark. In addition you can go for a free movie and marshmellow roast at Fort Wilderness. You can also go to the board walk where they always have free things to do.

I only have one child, DD 4 but it sounds doable. It will be hot, but you can always go to Donald's Boat (fountains for kids) and help your kids get through. :) Splash mountain does fast pass too. AK has lots of shade and the river rapids IF your 4 YO is tall enough.

The drive is pretty staight even if it is a couple of hours. I am a Disney freak and would take any opportunity to go!

Get to the parks when they open and plan mid day breaks, go back in the evening. It will be hot and humid especially mid day. While it is typically less crowded, they usually offer free diining in September and that brings more people to the parks, it also makes it had to secrure dining reservations. So if you want to eat sit down meals, you need to make sure you call ahead for reservations, you can usually make them 6 months in advance.

I use several websites to help plan my Disney trips. My favorite is tourguidemike.com and I also like touringplans.com which is from the authors of my favorite Disney book, the Unofficial Guide to Disney. A good free site is disboards.com The time you invest planning a Disney trip is well with the effort, in my opinion.

Archived