Fees to Use the Sanctuary Pool/Chairs on Princess

doodle60

I was recently on the Mariner of the Seas and loved their adults only pool area with padded cushions on their chairs. There was absolutely no charge to use this area. I understand that you are charged for this area by Princess. If this is true, I think they should do away with this fee.

Does anyone have the answer?:confused:

There is a fee for Sanctuary, but it's more than just an adults only area with padded lounge chairs. The fee is imposed because so many people wanted in when it was first introduced that they needed to control capacity. The best bet is to check the Princess website for a description of what is offered there and why its worth the fee.

If you don't want to pay the extra fee, ships with Sanctuary also have adult pools where no fee is required and the lounges are padded...in fact all Princess lounges have pads.

As bdjam mentioned, the main reason for it is capacity control - otherwise you'd have chair hogs up there all day with their books and towels draped over everything!

It's meant as a nice secluded getaway (not that there aren't any others), but with the added bonus of drink services & whatnot. On a hot Caribbean or Med sailing, it's probably an oasis of calmness :)

The Spa Pool, just below the Sanctuary, is free, though most people don't clue in for a few days, which means it's usually nice and empty. It has a swim-against-the-current machine, and is adults only, I believe.

I was recently on the Mariner of the Seas and loved their adults only pool area with padded cushions on their chairs. There was absolutely no charge to use this area. I understand that you are charged for this area by Princess. If this is true, I think they should do away with this fee.

Does anyone have the answer?:confused:

It's an adults only area with shady and sunny spots and the space is limited. It's very quiet and relaxing with plush loungers and chairs. There are "serenity" stewards who will look after you, it is non-smoking and you have the option to have spa treatments on deck. There is a special menu from which you can order and have it delivered to you lounger, the hot tubs are one deck down at the spa pool. There is NO charge to use the pool.

You can reserve it by the half day or full day but not in advance.

I was well worth it IMHO. ;)

Here's a picture from my gallery:

1042961679_ae46ba5cd3.jpg?v=0

Last January, we were on a Princess cruise, where we purchased the serentity spa benefit, and it was costly. Princess had no controls set up to stop non paying passengers from using the services we paid for - that is unless you complained - and who wants to be a policeman on your cruise?

For that reason, I wouldn't do it again..

Although, I may reconsider given the picture above.... (Our ship didn't have that...

It was my understanding that the cost to use the Sanctuary for a half-day was something like $15 -- is this correct? And the added spa treatments you choose to have and drinks are an extra charge which you control ?

It was my understanding that the cost to use the Sanctuary for a half-day was something like $15 -- is this correct? And the added spa treatments you choose to have and drinks are an extra charge which you control ?

Gloria,

Yes, that is correct.

Archived