Door Decorations?

Juligan

We've always done door decorations on our cruises. Usually just a simple letter sized poster with our names and some cutesy little saying including the name of the ship so that I can then use it as the first page in my scrapbook. Only one time did someone touch it, and after that I made a duplicate so I don't have to tote it home after the cruise. Never did try the "attach a sharpie" trick.

When we did the Legend last year it was the sailing with the Parrotheads and they did some SERIOUS door decorating!:eek:

We decorated our door this past April on the Victory. Alot of the other passengers commented on how it helped them find their cabins by using our door as a focal point. We also used poster putty. Works awesome!!!

We will do it again on the Valor this September

Kim:)

Sharon... Sorry, I wasn't ignoring your last post. For some reason I didn't get the notification that there were new posts on this thread until today. Very odd. So anyway.. I know where Paul Mueller is.

Arpie05... what part of town are you from? That's my favorite dollar store. Lots of things that are different. It's also the best place to buy specialty letterhead.

Just got back last week from Carnival Liberty with a family group of 18 (6 rooms total). My girls and I did the flouresent poster boards with beach/cruise and sailing scrapbook stickers for each of the doors. Attached an inexpensive marker (had extra on hand just in case they "wandered") with the velcro round stickies. My mom's sign announced the celebration of her 70th year- the captain signed it for her... Needless to say she was tickled. Well worth the time spent :)

Last year on the Legend we got all my family members together as a reunion type thing. My Mom and I decided to prank my little brother and his wifes door. Each day he had something put on his door and by the end of the week it was filled with crazy things.

Day One Free hound dog puppies! (found a good pic online with hounds with billy bob teeth!

Day two We put up a actual for sale sign and listed his truck had plenty of funny things listed and 8675309 as the number

Day Thee A wonderful letter from Betty Lou Gritkisser from Skunk Hollow KY. along with a Huge Bra hanging on the door knob! (Bra was stolen)

Day four Party here tonight with photo ops fried turkey and live band

Day five Room for rent sign by the hour! King size bed wonderful balcony view

Day Six Garage sale sign All items must go lamps bed TV Ect.

Day Seven I forget but it was a hoot and they loved seeing what may appear next!:)

I always make up a Cruise Critic poster for my door. It has my username and some little saying on it.

On the Triumph the Coconut Castaways had a door decorating contest. It was fun going on each floor looking for the doors and taking pictures. We weren't members but from the boards here we met. The lady next to our room had the best door with a full size lady in a dress all decked out on her door with pict of Mile Marker 24 on it.

It also helps the others find the room because my one of my roommates could never remember our room number:rolleyes: .

I've only sailed with Carnival one time, but we DID decorate our door (well my mother's door). I did not see any other decorated doors on our floor. I wanted to go and see other floors to maybe get some fun ideas, however never made it! Guess I'll have to book a cruise again!!! We used the blue 3M painters tape. It held up the WHOLE time, no touch ups needed and it came down super easy and it left NO mess for Carnival.

Glory_0116.jpg.c1516d9de271598e1bd6dc900c1b973b.jpg

We've always done door decorations on our cruises. Usually just a simple letter sized poster with our names and some cutesy little saying including the name of the ship so that I can then use it as the first page in my scrapbook. Only one time did someone touch it, and after that I made a duplicate so I don't have to tote it home after the cruise. Never did try the "attach a sharpie" trick.

When we did the Legend last year it was the sailing with the Parrotheads and they did some SERIOUS door decorating!:eek:

LOVE the idea of using it for your scrapbook!!

I now have added this to my list of things to do. I have a friend that has stamp supplies and I might stamp some words on it (when I figure out what it will say).

What dimensions have you all used? Do you roll it and put in your suitcase to get it there, or....?

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody else have pics of their door sign? :confused: I wish I had some to share, but I dont. I'm trying to get great ideas for some that I have to make. The ideas on this thread have been great.

Here is one of mine that I'm doing for our cruise... hope this helps...

weddingalbum002-1.jpg

I'm sooooo excited! :D This is the size of a scrapbook page so I can enter these into my scrapbook of our first cruise. I love this idea more than an entire door "cover" so it can be used again (in the scrapbook).

WOW...I love all your ideas! I especially like the idea of a door decorating contest...maybe I can convince the Dream Team to do this on our 2010 cruise. Also love the scrapbook idea but I am SO BEHIND on my scrapping I wouldn't dare.

Here is the door sign I made for our upcoming cruise (10 people/5 rooms). Its the same for all the rooms...my kids are in a room alone (next door) and I don't like the idea of singling people out...I'm a nervous Nelly!

Tell me what ya think!

barnesfam.jpg?t=1219781031

We use light blue roll of gift wrap paper. It covers the whole door and I duct tape it on the inside ( top and bottom).

I cut an 'island' out of sandpaper and glue it at the top. This year there will be turkeys (Thanksgiving cruise) on the island with fufu drinks , a couple of palm trees (scrapbooking stuff)

Below the island and all the way to the floor will be fish of all sizes.

I use the blue colored school glue to make bubbles floating away from the fish.

With side by side cabins, it should be eye-catching!

There will be an area devoted to the Crazy Cruise!

Sharon... Sorry, I wasn't ignoring your last post. For some reason I didn't get the notification that there were new posts on this thread until today. Very odd. So anyway.. I know where Paul Mueller is.

Arpie05... what part of town are you from? That's my favorite dollar store. Lots of things that are different. It's also the best place to buy specialty letterhead.

I'm south- by the Library Center -

For door decorations and banners - my friend and I are using her Cricut to make stuff to hang up. We cut out cut ships in CCL colors.

Great ideas!

Our group of friends calls ourselves the geese - so I ordered T-shirts that said Geese Gone Wild cruise - now I need to make door signs that match!

BTW - the personalized shirts you can order through the Carnival site are cool, very reasonably priced - and great service.

Yep, we have had a decorated door on every cruise. It is sooo helpful to find your room.

We don't make a big thing out of it. We seem to cruise around different holidays (valentine's day, cinco de mayo, halloween), and just go get a little curled-up ribbon that people put on top of gifts. I've only had one taken off. And, yes, they are all in our scrapbook.

I did not see even one door decorated on the Victory...so I'm glad I didn't do it.

What is wrong with standing out and being different? I don't let others lack of imagination and fun stop me from doing my own thing. I seldom see anyone else do it so that makes me want to even more!!!:D

and hilarious too LOL! I planned on using the same style 8X10 door decoration for 5 cabins. But now I'll have to think of door pranks! Oh what fun!

Someone did post a while back that his wife attaches their door decorations with ribbon which she then secures to the INSIDE of the door. Seems they had lost a few door decorations and that was a good solution to the door vandals.

My door decorations are last page of my packing list word doc. When I'm ready to print my packing list, the door decoration will be printed too (just have to remember to pack it) :o

I can't wait!