Precruise car rental/drop off Long Beach

dolphinwyo

I am trying to gauge whether this makes any sense, or if someone has a better suggestion...

We are planning on flying in on a Friday (Sailing on a Sunday), staying in Anaheim, doing a quick 1 day Disney. Then driving to Long Beach port Sunday....

Our first thought is to rent a car at the airport (currently $285 for the week), use it to drive to Disney, drive to Port, park it at terminal $12/day, and then have it to return to airport the following Sunday. No hassles with shuttles, taxis, (traveling with 2 kids) etc.....

However - would this be the best method? Not sure the cost of dropping it off on Sunday, and then shuttle back to airport when we return, or where we would even return it to on a Sunday? Car rentals near LGB port that are open on Sunday? Seems goofy to pay for a car rental to park at a paid garage for a week, but with all the shuttles or taxis would cost end up about the same? We would have to shuttle from airport (not sure yet if flying into SNA or LGB) to Disney, then Disney to port, then port to airport.

Anyone with experience with this dilemna? Thanks!

I think I have figured this out now, upon further reserarch this a.m. Looks like we can rent a car at SNA, go to Disney, then drop in Long Beach Sunday a.m., have husband take taxi to port. Then return trip we will just need to find a shuttle from port to SNA...

lots of details in planning a trip!

Which rental company are you using? I'm currently doing the same plan, but backwards - we're docking Sunday and going to Disney for a day and a half before flying out of LAX. So I need LAX to port, port to Disneyland, Disneyland to LAX. Or a car rental!

• 3 months later...

I just found this post that I didn't respond to - sorry! We are using Budget, they are open on Sundays so pick up/drop off is an option. The others were closed on Sundays. We are picking up car at SNA on Saturday, dropping it off Sunday a.m. before cruising. Then we will pick up a car again when we come back, drop off at airport again. Cost was about $40 for each day, with the drop off location being different than pick up location. Hope this helps someone - I see that you have already sailed, but thought I would put the info out there!

Archived