Mississippi River Closed?

CruiserVette

Reading the local Memphis paper and it says diesel fuel leaked into the river and they have traffic closed. They say diesel fuel could be smelled at Harrah's there byt he port and in the French Quarter. Not sure on how long clean up is going to take.

Hubby has co-workers that (I believe) are scheduled to leave Saturday...so HOPEFULLY the cruise schedule is such that the Monday trip had already left and they have until Saturday to get everything resolved.

Don't you just love it when something happens IT HAS TO BE SOMEBODYS FAULT BECAUS THEY WERE NOT DOING THEIR JOB!!!! Just remember what goes around comes around. Yes it is an enviromental distaster and I hate to think of the lost of wildlife and polluting the water. But can't you give someone a break until YOU know the facts of the accident? Maybe it wasn't their fault at all maybe just maybe it could of been instrumental problems but you won't let that happen!! Anyway I hope they get it cleaned up soon without much damage.:)

Archived