Tampa Hotel w/ parking

lallylass

I have tried to search, but it is not working. I am sorry if this has already been discussed recently.

As a large family group, we are going on the Christmas cruise out of Tampa. We are looking for a hotel where they will let us park our cars for the week of the cruise (we are all driving from different states).

My father is trying to get us to go the Days Inn, Ybor City on Melbourne Boulevard. I do not have a good feeling about the area based on some reviews that I have read online.

Can anyone confirm the appropriateness of this location?

Can you PLEASE give me other ideas for hotels to stay that will be clean and safe? It would help if I have other alternatives to present to him. If it comes down to it, my family and I will stay somewhere else, but I am not familiar with the area.

Thanks!

You asked this question on a different thread, but I'll tell you the same thing. Its NOT where you want to be. I would not stay there! Ybor in general is fine. I go there all the time for dinner, movies and comedy club and have never had, nor seen a problem. It gets funky late night when the bars close. People drink too much and they are young and sometimes do stupid things. You will be in your secure hotel at @2:00A.M when those things happen, and believe me its nowhere as bad as people make it out to be. The hotels in Ybor that are nice are the Hampton Inn and the Hilton Garden Inn. If you want something with a view go to the Rocky Point area. Check out the Sailport Inn. Its an older place, great neighborhood, clean and you can get good rates there. Check it out!

Enjoy!

Mark

Archived