Excursion Prices

darie81

Does anyone know if passengers can obtain better deals with pricing for excursions once off the ship?

as compared to what?

Pre-booking non-cruiseline related excursions or

cruiseline sponsered excursions

as compared to what?

Pre-booking non-cruiseline related excursions or

cruiseline sponsered excursions

A friend of mine went on a cruise to Caymans and mentioned that she waited to get to the port to negotiate excursion prices. She said she was able to get an excursion the cruise had priced at $50 for about $15. I was wondering if this is something that happens at all ports, or if she was just lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
A friend of mine went on a cruise to Caymans and mentioned that she waited to get to the port to negotiate excursion prices. She said she was able to get an excursion the cruise had priced at $50 for about $15. I was wondering if this is something that happens at all ports, or if she was just lucky.

Previously, when we went to Central America, we booked all private tours, they were anywhere from 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of the cruise-line tours to the same places. (in some cases the private tour was better and took us to more places due to having a smaller group)

Once when in Dominica we booked a tour from a taxi driver at the dock and again it was about 1/3 the cost of the cruise-line tour to the same place.

Pre-booking a private tour will at least give you the comfort that they will be holding a seat for you, and it may be about the same cost as doing the in-person negotiating, at least that has been our experience.

Good luck.

Randy

Archived