Restaurant in St. Barts for lunch

debs0712

Our favorite restaurant in St. Barts is Au Port.

It's not on the water, but has a view of the harbour. It's across from the post office and one flight up. It is the oldest restaurant in St. Barts.

I don't know if you've ever been to St. Barts, but it is the home of the US$600 beach towel!

Certain places can be intimidating to the new visitor I'm sorry to say, as snobbery does exist.

If you speak French and want something right on the water, I'll provide a spot for you, but you may be disappointed if you don't speak the language.

However, not at Au Port! You will feel very welcome regardless of the language that you speak, they are really happy to have you as a guest!

Please try the calamari stew or the escargo ravioli if you feel brave that day (you'll be glad that you did!). You will hard-pressed to find better french food on the island, that's how Au Port has survived for so long.

US$40-50/ea is common for lunch. Actually that is a bargain on the island.

Have a great time! :)

Thanks

I have been to St. Barts before and I know how expensive it is. There is nothing to shop for since I don't really care for all the famous designers. I thought that lunch would be a good thing to do or I may stay on the ship.

We do speak French since we live in Montreal.

• 2 months later...
Can anyone recommend a restaurant in St. Barts for lunch?? In Gustavia and maybe on the water???

We ate at Do Brasil on Shell Beach, a short walk from the marina at Gustavia. We were there last October on an all-day excursion from the Caribbean Princess in St. Maarten.

During the day, there was an outside cafe, where we ordered snacks and ice cream. Sandwiches and other lunch items were available, and the waiter spoke English. They also accepted US dollars. In the evening, the inside restaurant was open, with Brazilian specialties available. The prices were reasonable for St. Barts.

DavidnSteph

• 2 weeks later...
David - will be sailing with you to Manaus. What is there to do on St. Bart that involves some exercise?

Greg

Greg,

We have not been outside of Gustavia, which was a sleepy port last October. But surrounding the port there are steep hills all around with resorts at the top. So probably just going for a long walk within sight of the harbor will give you plenty of exercise and a nice view.

The Amazon cruise is over 17 months away, but time has a way of flying. We look forward to seeing the scenery along the Amazon. We noticed a roll call thread. We will post there in the coming months.

Best regards,

DavidnSteph

Archived