Ride back from Mendenhall glacier

KK11

I have a helicopter tour booked until 6:00 pm.

- I read that the MGT blue bus stops at 6:30 pm. Is this correct?

- since it is sunlight till late, can I stay at the Glacier, on the trail until 7:30 pm or 8:00 pm ?

- is it OK to go on the trails at this late time ???

- how do I get back to the ship from the Mendenhall glacier, if I go to the Glacier after my helicopter ride i.e around 8:00 pm ???

I have the exactly same schedule and we will be in Junau on 19 th Aug (NCL Pearl) and I have just posted this question on other thread. Can somebody help us ?

I did ask Era for an earlier time, but the only other time is 1:30 pm, and the schedule says the the Statendam is in Juneau from 2:00 pm - 10:30 pm

I want to go to the Mendenhall glacier on my own, but cannot go between 2:00 and 4:00 pm, because not enough time, and don't know if I can do it after 6:00 pm - with at least half an hour to get to the glacier, + visitot centre + trail to the falls, etc

The hours of daylight will depend on when you are cruising. Most people don't realize that the days get shorter in Alaska when it is still cruise season.

If the people with questions could post when they are going to Juneau, it would help with answers.

The hours of daylight will depend on when you are cruising. Most people don't realize that the days get shorter in Alaska when it is still cruise season.

If the people with questions could post when they are going to Juneau, it would help with answers.

I will b ein Juneau, on Monday, 28-July-2008. Statendam - from 2:00 pm till 10:30 pm.

- Is there a phone outside the visitor centre that I can use, even after the centre is closed, so I can call a cab to come and pick me up?

- any idea how much a cab ride is from the Mendenhall Glacier visitor centre to the ship ?

THANKS to all the people who will be helping me to get back to the ship

Archived