Tipping for Nativway??

maggieworkman

We have a Nativeway tour booked to Stingray City. There are 5 of us and it cost $35. How much should I tip? The tour will cost us $175. I was thinking of giving a round $200. Is that enough?

Also, what other cash should I bring? I recall hearing about people taking pictures of you, etc.

I just need to get an idea of how much cash to take out of the bank.

Thanks,

Maggie

We took the Stingray city and Island tour with Nativeways last May...

We first went on the Island Tour and when our guide dropped us off at the boat to see the Rays we assumed he would be driving us back to the ship and we could tip him then...he didnt, so we didnt tip him and I still feel horrible about it! I am taking the same tour again this year and If we have the same guide I will tip him double! The amount you want to tip is up to you depending on your experience.

After the Stingrays we each tipped the boat guide i think like $10, but again its up to you.

They did have a lady on the boat who was taking professional pictures that she offered to sell us at the end in the form of sending us the CD full of pictures. I believe it was around $40, but I might be making that up. BF payed for this. I was not impressed with the pics. The CD included pics of EVERYONE on the trip, not just us and there weren't many of us. The pics I took with my underwater disposable camera came out better if you ask me. She always seemed to take pics of me when i was squinting horribly and making the most silly faces (if I make them, i guess i cant blame her). This time I think we will save our money.

I dont know what the tour is that you are taking, but I wouldnt give less than $10 per person. Thats just my opinion! They are a great company, you will LOVE the experience!

How many people will I need to tip on the RRR trip thru Nativeway? The bus driver, the guides on the boat, and who else? Do I need to tip whoever brings our lunch at Rum Point? I don't want to leave the ship with too much cash, but neither do I want to be shortchanging anyone. TIA!

Archived