Inspiration propulsion prob

DublinLass

Can anyone tell me what time the Inspiration docks in Cozumel now that it has propulsion probs. We want to book a swim with the dolphin and would like to book the 10am slot. Thanks in advance

When I was on the Inspiration in April we docked in Coz at about 5:30 AM. We were the first sailing with the propulsion problem.

I don't believe that it's much of a big deal as we were always able to maintain 19 to 20 knots. I was informed that the problem is a shaft seal that will be dealt with in dry dock.

Don't know if it is due to problems but our times in Caymans and Cozumel have now changed for Sept 08. We are now at Caymans from 8a to 3p and Cozumel from 11a to 8p (ships time).. I think both are one hour ahead of the ships time.

Don't know if it is due to problems but our times in Caymans and Cozumel have now changed for Sept 08. We are now at Caymans from 8a to 3p and Cozumel from 11a to 8p (ships time).. I think both are one hour ahead of the ships time.

Where did you get this info? I cruise the week before you and I was not notified this. If this is true, I will change some times for excursions around.

Where did you get this info? I cruise the week before you and I was not notified this. If this is true, I will change some times for excursions around.

I read on here somewhere, so looked up under my booking info and it showed the new times. Haven't really been notified by Carnival, just noticed the change myself.

When I was on the Inspiration in April we docked in Coz at about 5:30 AM. We were the first sailing with the propulsion problem.

I don't believe that it's much of a big deal as we were always able to maintain 19 to 20 knots. I was informed that the problem is a shaft seal that will be dealt with in dry dock.

Mach~ when is the Inspiration supposed to go to drydock??

It's been less than a year since the last dry dock. Ships usually go into dry dock every 2-3 years. They'll sometimes squeeze one in if it's a more urgent issue. Since this isn't an urgent issue and really doesn't impact the cruise, it will probably be at least a year before she goes into dry dock unless the problem worsens.

I was very dissapointed to find out that she no longer stays in Cozumel until midnight on the 4 day cruise. Last time I took that cruise, we had a lot of fun partying at Senor Frogs at night. On my upcoming cruise, she leaves Coz. at 6 pm, lost six hours!:mad:

Unless they take her off line because of this problem it is two years. She was just completely redone last year with all the new upgrades...;)

Just got back from a 4 day cruise on the Inspiration. Ship was at Cozumel well before the 8am time estimate on the Caper (we stayed on board to eat breakfast before we went to shore so I can't tell you the exact time we were cleared to leave the ship). Left Cozumel at 7pm (had to be back on board by 6:30pm).

We were on the Inspiration on July 19 - 24. We missed Grand Cayman on Monday and on Tuesday we arrived in Cozumel at 12:30 pm and were told that we did not have to be back on the ship until 9:00 pm. The ship was vibrating and rumor had it that something was wrong with the prop and they were going to fix it in Cozumel.

Archived