NCL Jewels: Cat I or G??

dinoman

Dear Cruisers

I've booked with NCL for a 12-nights Scandinavia cruise in Jul 09 and she booked me in Cabin 10005 of Cat I. Yesterday I saw from their web that they are promoting a free upgrade from Cat I to Cat G which are OV rooms next to lifeboats. I wonder if anyone had stayed in one of these rooms and give some advise whether I should keep my inside cabin or pay a little more for a upgrade to an obstructed OV room.:)

We have made the decision to change from inside to Category G on our Jade cruise, actually a B2B coming up in January. I have done lots of research and from the website below you can determine which of the rooms has the least obstructed view. The first three to five rooms most forward on both the port and starboard side sound like the best bet. However, there is a nightclub right overhead on the port side so you might want to know that for the possible noise factor of the music. Natural light and even a little view is better than none, IMHO!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=720447&highlight=8056+obstructed

• 1 month later...
We have made the decision to change from inside to Category G on our Jade cruise, actually a B2B coming up in January. I have done lots of research and from the website below you can determine which of the rooms has the least obstructed view. The first three to five rooms most forward on both the port and starboard side sound like the best bet. However, there is a nightclub right overhead on the port side so you might want to know that for the possible noise factor of the music. Natural light and even a little view is better than none, IMHO!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=720447&highlight=8056+obstructed

Hi, we were in 8598, but this was a HC room so a little bigger than normal. Our obstruction was very little as we could easily see most everything over the lifeboat and got plenty of light thru the big window (about 30X24 inches). The location was great as it was near everything. We were near the Blue Lagoon, port side, mid-way between the aft and mid-ship elevators. We paid $1,450 per person and thought it a bargain. I'll be posting a link to Picasa web pics in the next week so you can see how it looked. Whatever cabin, the Jade is a great ship so you'll surely have fun.

I discovered a meal between brunch and lunch, Howard

Archived