WOW, so this is what TEENS really do on the CP!

MiamiNicole

There is a webshots community that has tons of people's pics from their Caribbean Princess vacations. I was looking for more pics of the ship for my screen saver and I came across some interesting pics from teens (with some even more intersting sub-titles). Anyways, I see why some of you older people get annoyed, I am still pretty young (24), but these kids have pictures labeled "elavator party" and other things i will not repeat.

Anyhow, my point is that I have always rolled my eyes at some of you more mature adults that complain and moan about these obnoxious "young adults", but after look at some of these pics, I understand your point. It would not be nice to try and get in an elavator and find a bunch of kids crammed in their laughing and giggling. I don't understand why some young adults are so immature and why they would post it on the internet???

I do have the link. I am just afraid someone might see a friend's child or their own teen. I was just trying to make a point that these teens maybe more out of control than you think.

There was one pictures titled "the 11 year drunk", he was dancing with a young girl about 16 or 17, don't know if he was drunk (hope not), but was with kids a LOT older than him. I will just tell you guys that if you go to

cruiseclues.com/shipstips/caribbeanprincess.htm

you will find a cruise page with great review of the CP, menus, patters, and a section called Princess Photos 1000, there are some great photos there, but you will also find some teens that link there pages as well, some are great, but some may worry some parents. I am sure most of it is just innocent, but I am just trying to make sure some parents are aware of what is going on (especiall if they have young girls, we tend to be more at risk, especially if alcohol is involved)

Ah, I found the album in question.

THe elvator pics don't bother me anywhere near as much as the "drunk 11 year old" and the "Drunk Dee" pics do

Sorry, I don't care if you're 18 or 80....don't need to think about you being naked in the hot tub

OMG....I read some of the captions to the pics....for the record, if that's why some of the elevators are running slow, I'll stick to the stairs!

Wow, I hope their parents DO see that.

I'd wanna see it if it were my teens....the blackmail possibilities are endless.

Actually I think I've seen that kind of stuff on every cruise, Carnival and Princess. More on Carnival

Betcha they were smoking weed too those little rascals

The question that always comes to my mind on stuff like this is:

"Where are the parents?"

Been on a few cruises and NEVER seen anything like this!! Maybe I am at the wrong place at the wrong time.......or maybe I should say at the right place at the right time!! In defense my cruises have all but 1 been 10nt (less kids) and the one 7nt was during the scholl year.

I totally don't get it. I cruised a lot as a teen with my family, and I am sure I wasn't the quietest neighbor (I am a loud talker, energetic person), but drinking like that and disrupting hallways, elavators. I would have been so worried about embarrassing my parents.

I think a lot of people go with the mentality, "I will never see these people again". But come on have a little self respect and CLASS, can't we dance, flirt, and have fun without being obnoxious anymore? And maybe if parents we a bit more engaged with their children, for example my parents always permitted me to drink wine at dinner or an after dinner drink on the cruise since I was 17/18 because they were around me, taught me how to drink ina mature manner.

IN respect to other lines,

I have seen some of this take place on RCL, less on Celebrity, and my family has cruised on Princess (I was out of the country when they went on the Grand last year) and my sister said Princess was pretty low key. I guess a lot probably goes on behind closed doors as well.

I did experience elevator parties on the Explorer of the Seas a couple of years ago but nothing like this. The kids took over entire banks of elevators (the kind that are open to the Atrium so they can see each other) and just sat on the floor, drinking soda and yakking. They refused to get up or move if anyone wanted to use the elevator. I embarrassed my daughter by standing in the door and not moving until they either stood up or got out. But that was NOTHING like this! I can't imagine where the parents were!

I am speaking candidly here. Many will know I am the parent of teens - I believe I am a responsible parent who expects certain standards of behaviour. HOWEVER, my children are not 100% perfect... I have the grey hairs to prove it.

Where are the parents? I have said before and I will say again

Sadly always be those who will take the view that "it is THEIR holiday" and they will be damned if they are going to spend THEIR vacation fulfilling their parental responsibilities. Then there are those who genuinely believe they are correctly enforcing an acceptable standard of behaviour, but whose standards of 'what is acceptable' is more lax and flexible than that which would be acceptable to you and I. Then there are the third group, probably the majority (and where I sit), who would not 'knowingly' allow their offspring to spoil the enjoyment of others. My dilemma is that it is very hard to tie older children to your apron strings 24 hours a day. You can insist you know where they are and who they are with, but then it comes down to trust and the hope you have instilled a sense of what is socially right and wrong. When they leave your company... you say a silent prayer. Finally, there are those who have the 'perfect' child and to whom these issues do not apply ;)

I would in a word be "mortified" if my teens were found playing around in lifts. I suspect many of those parents if shown the photos would be too. Would I welcome someone pointing out to me disrespectful behaviour... after my initial embarrassment, of course I would... they can be grounded on a cruise as easily as they can be at home.

I am probably doing my own children a disservice, but this thread (to me) conjures up the thought "there for the grace of god go I"!! For whilst I hope my children would not be caught acting irresponsibility - I'd never say "never".

I am actualy sorry, I just had to check out the photos! The first tip should have been the pictures of the booze all lined up like little trophies.

MiamiNichole, these kids either are much younger than you and behave like it.

These pictures are another prime example of why we will never cruise the bahamas (who need it?) never cruise during spring break and also thank the stars above our kids are much older than those shown here.

quick question How would princess handle this situation if i were the neighbor and complained about all the noise and questionable behavior? What if they had no extra rooms available? What If this group not only made my cruise miserable in my cabin but also at the buffet, pool, elevator, and who knows where else...what would princess do? How would it be handled?

Actually, they look more like college students than teens. In that case, no parental supervision is to blame. But... wow... I know how to get wild (it's not like my college days are so far away and still know how to party) but I have my limits.

Archived