Whats the best way...

L2J

Great question.

First step for me is to check the calendar(s) to see if it's xmas, march/spring, or summer break. Also how many days is the sailing? More than 7 usually means less kids. That's the prima facia way, then beyond that you've got more investigating.

Can you get specific numbers from the cruise lines? This I'd like to know too.

I just called Princess a few minutes ago and asked for the number sailing on the Grand on November 8th and they gave me the breakdown.

27 teens, 51 children, 12 infants.

Thanks....I'll give it a few weeks and then call!!

I don't think the number of kids on a cruise determines how they'll behave. On our first cruise with Celebrity, I cannot remember seeing a single child/teen, yet I found out there were 300 on board. On our second cruise on RCCL, there were about 200, but I swear it was more like 1000.

I don't think the number of kids on a cruise determines how they'll behave. On our first cruise with Celebrity, I cannot remember seeing a single child/teen, yet I found out there were 300 on board. On our second cruise on RCCL, there were about 200, but I swear it was more like 1000.

You would be absolutely correct with that statement. However, there are those that prefer to cruise with a mimimal amount of kids regardless of how well behaved they are.

You'll also more likely to have kinds on a Caribbean cruise as opposed to a longer or more exotic cruise. On our 15-day Hawaiian cruise last April/May, there were very, very few kids onboard. I expect a lot on our New Year's cruise and very few, if any, on our 21-day Manaus to Rome cruise in April.

Archived