Going to DZ ruins??? Need your help...

taramarie

We were in progreso this week and we were at the DZ ruins (we used autoprogreso...great choice) and we were at the cenotae and my husband slipped and our brand new camera went into the deep end of the water! That is okay since it was a waterproof shockproof camera. It is a Black Olympus about the size of a wallet.

I am asking for the kindness of strangers here. If you are going to this cenote and bringing dive equipment or fins/snorkle could you please PLEASE take a few times to find my camera? When you are in the deep end of the cenote looking at the ruins (near the underwater source) the camera went in right there in the right corner facing the ruins.

The first picture is our name address and phone number. If you have the time or just in the mood to do a good deed please let me know. You can contact me at taramarie@email.com. Please pass this along to all your friends going to mexico anytime soon.

Thanks,

Tara Travis

I will be in Progresso next Wed. but we are not going to the ruins. How deep is it there? Is there anyone you can contact? I could maybe put something up on the ship to see if anyone is going- I don't know if they let you do that or not. I hope you didn't have alot of photos you lost. I know how frusterating that is- my daughter set hers down to sign a yearbook and someone took it. If there's anything you think I could do- suggest it. Best of luck!

We have been to the DZ ruins and seen the cenote however we are not going back. I do hope someone sees your thread and will try to get your camera back for you. I do want to thank you for the great idea of taking a picture of your name, address, and phone number. I never thought of doing that. Good luck with your camera. You might try posting your question to any upcoming Ecstasy roll call.

May I suggest that you not put your address in the camera in case bad people might steal your camera and use your address for criminal purposes. Cell phone and email I think would be fine. Be careful with personal info.

Archived