Probably not, but.....

gkrnjlr

will the dining room store a jar of baby food for us from one dinner till the next night's dinner?

I know that if you buy a bottle of wine that they'll keep it for you and bring it to you at dinner each night. If our daughter only eats half a jar of food (usually she doesn't eat the whole thing) OR if she eats more table food.....do they hold the jar of food and bring it back the next night like they do the wine?

I'm guessing probably not, but I thought I'd at least ask!

Anyone know?

Thanks!

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but you might consider this as an alternative...

When DS (now 8) and DD (almost 6) cruised as infants, DH would feed them their baby food in our stateroom while I dressed for dinner. Then, we would put them in their own dinner clothes (mess-free), and they would accompany us to dinner. They would eat bread or other soft finger foods from the menu at the table or just play with toys/books we brought, leaving DH and I to enjoy our dinner without having to worry with the mess of lugging around the food and feeding the baby at the table.

Just something to consider. It worked great for us. Have a great cruise!

will the dining room store a jar of baby food for us from one dinner till the next night's dinner?

I know that if you buy a bottle of wine that they'll keep it for you and bring it to you at dinner each night. If our daughter only eats half a jar of food (usually she doesn't eat the whole thing) OR if she eats more table food.....do they hold the jar of food and bring it back the next night like they do the wine?

I'm guessing probably not, but I thought I'd at least ask!

Anyone know?

Thanks!

I have ZERO clue if they will or will not do this for you but I am going to lean towards "yes, they will" because that is the kind of service I am used to from RCCL. I cannnot imagine that they wouldnt just put it back with your name/table/seating time where they would normally store wine.

Question - are you going to have a fridge in your room? If not, would it be possible for you to bring a small ("six pack size") cooler? You could refil with ice and store things there. I did this with breastmilk one time. I asked my room steward to check on it and refill if need be and she was happy to do it.

Also, dont forget to tip, tip, tip for great service!

On our last HAL Cruise our baby was 5 months old and on baby food. We just asked for pureed fruit and veggies and the items were brought to us. I wouldn't bother bringing jars of baby food when you can get fresh food on the ship. It was no problem getting pureed items from room service either.

Thanks for all the info! We will have a refrigerator in our cabin. We could feed her before going to dinner, but she's so used to seeing us eating and knowing that she's eating at the same time.....so I'm not sure how that'd work.

I did call and ask about a pureed meal for her but was told to make that request when we're on the ship, so.....that we'll try.

I think as a "just in case" we'll pack SOME baby food but not a lot!

Thanks for all your help!

Thanks for all the info! We will have a refrigerator in our cabin. We could feed her before going to dinner, but she's so used to seeing us eating and knowing that she's eating at the same time.....so I'm not sure how that'd work.

I did call and ask about a pureed meal for her but was told to make that request when we're on the ship, so.....that we'll try.

I think as a "just in case" we'll pack SOME baby food but not a lot!

Thanks for all your help!

Just take the jar to the dining room with you, feed her while you eat and then take the jar back to your room to refrigerate until the next meal. baby food does not go bad that quickly! If you are really worried, request a glass with some ice at the dinner table and keep the jar on ice until you depart the dining room.

Just as a reminder, whatever way you have the baby jars stored, be sure to ask for a bowl, spoon out the food she'll eat and put the rest aside. Never feed directly from the jar unless you throw the whole thing away. You may want to bring those really small jars for this purpose.

You don't want the bacteria from the baby's mouth in the jar, especially since you're not home and able to put it right in the fridge.

Have a great cruise!

Exactly!

I'm really hoping that we'll be able to have pureed foods more than anything else.

I just wonder....if you have a pureed diet....what all will they puree?

They will puree anything you ask them to puree.

We arranged for room service to deliver 3 meals a day with the following instructions:

Breakfast 7:30 am: 2 hard boiled eggs (for the egg yolks) 1 pureed fruit, their choice, and 1 yogurt container, plain, full fat. Looking back, their pureed fruit was a bit tart so I suggest you specifically ask for a pureed banana, "the riper the better" (or whatever baby will tolerate).

Lunch 11:30 am: Their choice: 1 pureed meat, 1 pureed fruit and 1 pureed veggie

Dinner 5:30 pm: Their choice: 1 pureed meat, 1 pureed fruit and 1 pureed veggie

A few nights we got pureed prime rib and DS SCARFED it down!

Again, I just want to mention that all the meats and veggies were cooked to serve to guests and then pureed. So the meats had all the seasonings, the veggies all the butter, etc, that you would have been served in the dining room.

I really believe that this will not be a problem for you. Just speak to the head waiter and be sure to tip extra for the service so all the parents coming on the ship "behind" you will be more likely to be able to have this service as well.

Personally, if it were me (and this is just my personality) Once on board, if I was denied the service by my head waiter, I would march over to guest relations, embellish a little, and say to them "why is it that the person I spoke with in the special needs department said I would have no problem arranging for pureed food once I got on board but my head waiter is saying no?"

And I feel confident that my pureed food request would be handled after that. But, again, that's my personality. I'm not against fibbing a little to get my way, and I always tip to compensate for the effort.

LOVE the pureed prime rib idea! That had actually crossed my mind about picking out one entree for my daughter each meal and just asking them to puree it but since we've never done it before I didn't know if they'd look at me like I had three heads and deny it. Elizabeth will be eating WELL on this cruise!

Since she's not a year old yet she can't have eggs and we've tried her on regular oatmeal here at the house....she won't have any part of it. I know she will eat yogurt, but maybe we can get some other b'fast foods pureed like sausage? (She loves spicy foods) Maybe she'll try grits for the first time. Something! I could always bring her baby oatmeal, too. I just hate having to pack so much stuff! The airlines are so picky about things now that with little jars of food - our weight limit could be thrown over quickly!

I don't foresee a problem.....but I agree....we've always tipped well in addition to standard, especially the dining staff and cabin stewards! I would think that they'd be helpful!

Thanks for your help!

Are you flying in for your cruise in advance? If so, instead of packing it in your checked luggage, find a grocery store in your departure port and purchase your food there. OR if you are friends with people on your roll call, if there are any that are driving to the port, ask them to bring it for you.

LOVE the pureed prime rib idea! That had actually crossed my mind about picking out one entree for my daughter each meal and just asking them to puree it but since we've never done it before I didn't know if they'd look at me like I had three heads and deny it. Elizabeth will be eating WELL on this cruise!

Since she's not a year old yet she can't have eggs and we've tried her on regular oatmeal here at the house....she won't have any part of it. I know she will eat yogurt, but maybe we can get some other b'fast foods pureed like sausage? (She loves spicy foods) Maybe she'll try grits for the first time. Something! I could always bring her baby oatmeal, too. I just hate having to pack so much stuff! The airlines are so picky about things now that with little jars of food - our weight limit could be thrown over quickly!

I don't foresee a problem.....but I agree....we've always tipped well in addition to standard, especially the dining staff and cabin stewards! I would think that they'd be helpful!

Thanks for your help!

I actually think the staff will me extra happy to help you if you are choosing items directly off of the nightly menu. It makes their job much easier not to have to go out of their way to accommodate you.

They will always know what is on the menu for the next night so just listen as they recite it and ask for whatever you want!

Are you flying in for your cruise in advance? If so, instead of packing it in your checked luggage, find a grocery store in your departure port and purchase your food there. OR if you are friends with people on your roll call, if there are any that are driving to the port, ask them to bring it for you.

100% agreed!

If you are taxi-ing it from the airport to the pier you can always ask your driver to stop at a local supermarket so you can pick up some baby food.

Also, consider packing just enough to get you to your first port of call - where you can shop for more. I know there is a Cheddrari "super mercado" in Cozumel that we always go to for diapers, food and any incidentals, baby or otherwise, that we may have forgotten.

If you are interested to know if your first port of call has an accessible supermarket, ask on the roll call board and the port of call board.

This grocery store in Cozumel......is this all just within walking distance? Or are we going to have to take a taxi? I am really curious about going to one of their stores just to check it out! BUT we don't want to take a taxi anywhere since we'll have the baby with us.

This grocery store in Cozumel......is this all just within walking distance? Or are we going to have to take a taxi? I am really curious about going to one of their stores just to check it out! BUT we don't want to take a taxi anywhere since we'll have the baby with us.

If you were planning on going "down town" to walk around and do some shopping, then you are going to pass by Cheddrari.

"Where" it is really depends on the port you dock at. I think the Carnival ship might actually doc within walking distance of the store. For RCCL you would have to take a taxi. Ask on the port board, the roll call board, or on the Carnival boards.

FYI - if you are looking for actual infant formula, the formula in Cheddrari is kept in the pharmacy section.

Great! Thanks!

I always find it interesting to see things like what their stores have for desserts such as cake mixes or whatever in a box. Just going from SC to NV and Canada we have found neat things. Just different places have different things.

I'm odd....I know! :p

Archived