eating in Merida???

can anyone suggest a good place for lunch in Merida??? We are from Louisiana so we don't know much about mexican food, cajun yes, mexican no!!!!! have a picky eater (teenage son) also to consider!:rolleyes:

A favorite of mine is Portico el Pergrino on Calle 57 between Calles 60 and 62. One particular dish I love is the Pollo Pobil. Seasoned chicken, wrapped in banana leaves and baked. Delish. An old Mayan dish. Not tex-mex and not real spicy although condiments are available. It's a beautiful courtyard restaurant. Another great Mayan dish is Sopa de Lima. Lime soup but in fact the best chicken soup I've ever had. Sorry grandma.

Yes; even if it says VISA. It is a check card and does not protect you like a credit card. It is access to your bank account. My advice; Only in the US.

If you must use your check card, do it at a true bank, but you will get funds in the local currency.

Archived