Resort Beach Break

LDMAC

Has anyone done the resort beach break through autoprogreso? The excursion is $77 pp if you book through the ship (the Ecstasy) and $45 pp thru autoprogreso. Also, I heard you can get massages, rent wave runners and ride banana boats there (at an additional cost of course). If anyone has done it, do you recommend it? Also, does anyone know how much the extras (massages, wave runners, banana boats, etc.) cost? Thanks!

Has anyone done the resort beach break through autoprogreso? The excursion is $77 pp if you book through the ship (the Ecstasy) and $45 pp thru autoprogreso. Also, I heard you can get massages, rent wave runners and ride banana boats there (at an additional cost of course). If anyone has done it, do you recommend it? Also, does anyone know how much the extras (massages, wave runners, banana boats, etc.) cost? Thanks!

Hello! We JUST did the Ecstasy this summer and I have a little review of the Reef Yucatan excursion through AutoProgreso on the forum here. The thread is just a couple slots down and says "JUST RETURNED...." I HEARD that Carnival's resort beach break takes you there, and if that's the case DO NOT pay them $77 pp. At $45 pp, it was a GREAT deal. As much fun as we had, as much as we ate and drank, we definitely got our $45 worth and I was really happy with the day. I would not have been nearly as happy had I paid $77 pp. No way.

I cannot for the life of me remember what the massages cost (I see someone posted $25), but I DO remember that they were more there than in Coz. In Coz. they are $1 per minute, so I'm thinking the $25 is for 15 minutes at the resort. So again I got my beach massage in Cozumel.

I know it was said there are banana boat rides, but I don't remember seeing any when we were there. (The Red Tide could have put all that on hold that day, though. Beach was open for swimming, though, and there were no problems.)

Taking this excursion through AutoProgreso was easy as can be and I would recommend it to anyone!

There are a couple of resort beach breaks offered in Progreso, so I'm not sure which one you are looking at. The Reef Yucatan has beach-side massages for $25US. They don't have wave runners, but have banana boat rides for $10US.

I haven't had a massage, but if they are like everything else in Mexico, the price is negotiable. It certainly wouldn't be out of line to bargain.

Again, thanks for the info. Our problem is there are 8 of us and each wants something different, but yet all want to stay together. One wants the massage, one the wave runner, one the Ruins, one a banana boat ride and one just wants to sit and drink! LOL. This is why I am trying to find out if there is something for everyone at the resort. I don’t know if the resort is where you do these “extra” things and pay them or if there are vendors “around” the resort.

Again, thanks for the info. Our problem is there are 8 of us and each wants something different, but yet all want to stay together. One wants the massage, one the wave runner, one the Ruins, one a banana boat ride and one just wants to sit and drink! LOL. This is why I am trying to find out if there is something for everyone at the resort. I don’t know if the resort is where you do these “extra” things and pay them or if there are vendors “around” the resort.

You should be covered on everything but the wave runners and there are no vendors at or near the resort that I have seen.

Archived