To All the GoodNuts on the 1/12 B2B

rocknrobin

Just wondering if anybody booked their hotel room in FFL yet (assuming you're flying in a day early). We're in the process of scoping out places and I'm just curious if anyone out there has found a clean, reasonably priced, restaurant available, shuttle providing place to stay? LOL...hope we're not asking too much! Any suggestions would be appreciated....thanks in advance.....

We've "reserved" the dog sitter, booked our flight for 1/20, but haven't thought about a hotel yet. Last time we were in Fort Lauderdale, we stayed at one that had a view of Port Everglades and it was fun to watch the ships...knowing that our turn would come in a couple days! ;) We're doing the "Voyage of the Good Nuts," too, but combining it with the cruise following that one.

'Robin' --- We're on that cruise with you, and we have already booked our room. We're staying at 'Extended Stay America' at around $150(Cdn)/night. We have stayed there before and we find it adequate for our needs.

We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Convention Center (next door) for an equal caliber room that includes a shuttle to the port. This time those rooms were > $200/night though, when we inquired; so we opted for the ESA

Both these places are on West 17th Street adjacent to the cruise port, and there are several places to eat, shop, (BUY WINE!! ;)) etc.

Hope this helps,

Gord

Just wondering if anybody booked their hotel room in FFL yet (assuming you're flying in a day early). We're in the process of scoping out places and I'm just curious if anyone out there has found a clean, reasonably priced, restaurant available, shuttle providing place to stay? LOL...hope we're not asking too much! Any suggestions would be appreciated....thanks in advance.....

We are staying at the La Quinta Inn at Fort Lauderdale Airport , they provide a free shuttle from the airport & to the ship, also they provide free breakfast. Trip Advisor gives them good reviews.

Hope this helps. Regards Neil & Gail

Thanks for the quick (and helpful!) replies. We're going to get together with our friends and book one of your suggestions - we figured we better get on it before we find ourselves out of luck. We're so excited about this trip - 20 days of pure bliss. Innlady - we, too, "booked" our dog sitter (our son's house). We have an 8 year old chocolate lab and he's never been boarded. Since our kids grew up and left the nest, our Baily has become quite attached to my husband and me - like attached at the hip. We've left him for 2 weeks at a time with our son and he's been fine, although I'm a little concerned about leaving him for 3 weeks. Geez....I didn't worry about my kids as much as I worry about this guy (LOL). Anyhow, guess they'll manage. Our trip will be here before we know it - I know we'll have a great time!

We are staying at the Marriott on the beach - got in on the UK version of priceline for £65 per night $130, we are staying two nights before the cruise, we will see you on the second stage as we board on the 23/01.

I was recommended to book hotels now for Fort Lauderdale as Jan is classed as high season.

Archived