Is this a good room?

kiraryker

There really is no good or bad side for coming into port, as a ship may come in one way one time and the other way another time. Really the only thing port side means is left if you're facing the front of the ship...

And to answer your question, all cabins on a ship are good cabins. :D

I'm guessing that the side you dock on would depend on your itinerary? I think we've always docked on the port side. It's nice to be able to look out and see the port from your balcony, but a view of the ocean wouldn't be bad either.

We will be stopping in San Juan, St. Thomas & St. Maarten - when we were on the Destiny in January it was so wonderful to wake up and look out the balcony and see the beautiful islands!! A feeling I'll never forget. So I was glad we were on the good side that trip.

I've docked both sides of the ship. In Cozumel (I think it was Cozumel, before the storm) there were 2 Carnival ships tied to the same dock -- obviously one on the port side and the other on starboard. As it turns out, the other ship was leaving a bit before us (Ours was like 6PM and theirs 4.) I was watching from the deck above the pool as they were just about to take in the lines when this guy comes running to the ship pushing a supermarket shopping cart with his friend in it. They made it, but clearly a few to many at C&Cs!!!

CT Mak

Archived