Ventura N811

Cheshire J & P

:mad:

We have just received a phone call from our travel operator asking if we will down-grade from our balcony cabin to an inside cabin as P & O have overbooked. Has anyone else received a simalar request. We are due to sail tomorrow 1st Aug. Naturally we have declined!

J & P

countdown.pl?name=&date=8-1-2008&image=venice&text=&ship=Ventura

countdown.pl?name=&date=2-6-2009&image=panamacanal&text=&ship=Oceana

What were the terms of the offer? Just the difference between the two cabin types? Or was there more of an incentive?

For example, if I was asked to do that and I received a full refund, I might actually be tempted...

Hi Tom

Just the difference between the two cabins.

Oh well! Tell them where they can stick their liner!!

(I remember in about 2000 standing in a US regional airport watching a Delta Airlines captain with a fistfull of dollar bills, asking for volunteers to not fly, with a promise that a) they would get a later flight, and b) here's $200 ... $250... $275.... in the end sometime accepted!)

What were the terms of the offer? Just the difference between the two cabin types? Or was there more of an incentive?

For example, if I was asked to do that and I received a full refund, I might actually be tempted...

me too!! i think that would be well worth the inconvenience!!

Oh well! Tell them where they can stick their liner!!

(I remember in about 2000 standing in a US regional airport watching a Delta Airlines captain with a fistfull of dollar bills, asking for volunteers to not fly, with a promise that a) they would get a later flight, and b) here's $200 ... $250... $275.... in the end sometime accepted!)

when i go on my travels i ALWAYS try to factor in an extra day especially for that reason... don't seem to keen, but i'm always ready for a few ££'s or $$'s... and depending on the carrier, you can sometimes get business class too...

I cannot believe they just said all they would offer you is the difference?? thats crazy....

Just a quick question did you have a cabin number or were you on a guarentee?? I only ask because we are on a guarentee in Feb.

With the airline thing I would but happy to go on the next flight if it was in business class ;)

Chris

With the airline thing I would but happy to go on the next flight if it was in business class ;)

Chris

i went to San Fran a couple of years ago and that happened...

we'd flown out from London in business class, and unless you've ever done it, it can't really be described! (ie pre econ doesn't get even close!)

anyway... on way back to London, we'd had a bad trip up from Vegas and just wanted to get on the plane and away.. we both worked in the industry so therefore flashed our passes and tried again for the upgrade..

the flight was rammed full, and the guy on the gate said that he might have something i'd be interested in...

cut a long story short...

airline were looking for 8(?) people to offload..

guaranteed business class to Paris.. $250 each.. hotel in Paris overnight..then onwards to London the day after..

like i say.... it sometimes pay to add an extra day before you go back to work!!!!

Archived