How is this room?

laurenlou

We just booked on the Ecstasy and got upgraded to room U12, a porthole room. We are excited to have daylight in our room, but I'm nervous because its right at the front of the ship. Will we feel every little wave up there? We're on the upper deck, about 60 feet off of the water.

We just booked on the Ecstasy and got upgraded to room U12, a porthole room. We are excited to have daylight in our room, but I'm nervous because its right at the front of the ship. Will we feel every little wave up there? We're on the upper deck, about 60 feet off of the water.

Any cabin that far forward is going to feel the waves, can have lots of movement up and down. You will also hear the anchor if they drop it in any of your ports.

I was in M9 on the Fantasy (sister ship) back in March. That is a little farther forward and one deck down. I didn't have any problem with movement. Yes, when sleeping, there was a little bit of rocking motion, but not enough to bother anything. The only major vibrations the cabin had were felt during docking....when the thrusters were used. M9 is an inside cabin/ Therefore, I didn't have a problem with anchor noise, but I would imagine that would also only be during docking.

I have been on the 3rd or 4th forward cabin on a ship before (Grandeur of the Seas). Definitely more wave motion that in other cabins we've been in. I'm pretty susceptible to motion sickness, but it never bothered me except the last night while packing. The whole bending down and getting stuff out of the closets got to me, the rest of the cruise we didn't care. A bit of a longer walk to the stairs, but it was very quiet otherwise on this part of the ship.

Personally, I like having a window. The one time we had an inside cabin we slept all morning, since the light didn't wake us up. We never made it to one breakfast, and we were lucky to be up by 11 am! I know we could have set up an alarm or wake-up call, but it's vacation, so we never did. It's just nicer to wake up, see some daylight and then be able to look out and see where you are. So I think your upgrade is great!

Archived