Saddened Yet Hopeful in the Same Moment

For me too, Clackey, for me too. I am thinking of retiring sooner than I had originally planned. :rolleyes:

I don't know if I could stand the heat of the Yucatan. Right now I am looking west into the mountains. Do a google on Oaxaca. Looks great. Average temps in mid 80's year around and lows in the 50's in the winter.:D Population over 300,000, anything that you could want in the food and drink line, low rent, low humidity and only 90 miles from the Pacific coast. Now if I can build and sell one more house.:rolleyes:

I enjoyed the article very much and it brought back some observations DH and I had during our few days in Lisbon a couple of years ago.

When we went to a castle we found the top surrounded by a very short wall. How nice!..we could sit on it and admire the view. Wouldn't want to lean over too far or let any little kids run wild because it was a pretty good drop were one to fall. I told DH that if we in the USA, there would no doubt be a 6 foot, barbed wire-topped fence all around it, spoiling everything!

And the trolleys! They all had openable windows..and most were. In some sections of town trolleys passed within inches of each other and had me reminiscing about the days as kids we'd chant, 'don't stick your elbows out too far' etc. I'm sure they would have been nailed shut over here.

When did our 'powers-that-be' decide that we couldn't handle any personal responsibility? And what a shame that they did.

I enjoyed the article very much and it brought back some observations DH and I had during our few days in Lisbon a couple of years ago.

When we went to a castle we found the top surrounded by a very short wall. How nice!..we could sit on it and admire the view. Wouldn't want to lean over too far or let any little kids run wild because it was a pretty good drop were one to fall. I told DH that if we in the USA, there would no doubt be a 6 foot, barbed wire-topped fence all around it, spoiling everything!

And the trolleys! They all had openable windows..and most were. In some sections of town trolleys passed within inches of each other and had me reminiscing about the days as kids we'd chant, 'don't stick your elbows out too far' etc. I'm sure they would have been nailed shut over here.

When did our 'powers-that-be' decide that we couldn't handle any personal responsibility? And what a shame that they did.

I remember those days too, Cod.

And to answer your question: First, let's kill all the lawyers. - Shakespeare

Archived