Bahamas...Straw Market

storm15

We are going to do Atlantis aquaadventure on our day in the Bahama's but now my hubby is wanting to try to get to the Straw Market too. (He is always wanting to shop shop shop) what is there to buy? And is it walking distance to the ship???

The straw market is to the right when you exit the pier. You can see it from the ship. It is now a large tent after the fire a couple of years ago. There are many different vendors selling everything from knock-off purses, straw hats and bags, beaded jewelry, magnets and everything touristy. I think you will have plenty of time. About 30 minutes is all you will need unless you really want to get into it. The tent is very crowded and HOT!!!

We are going to do Atlantis aquaadventure on our day in the Bahama's but now my hubby is wanting to try to get to the Straw Market too. (He is always wanting to shop shop shop) what is there to buy? And is it walking distance to the ship???

Yes it is about 5 minute walk from the ship..Locals selling souveniers, shirts,handbacgs, art, tobacco..if you walk up a few blocks to the main street in town there are some "nicer " shops with more upscale merchandise.. We always try and walk around for a few minutes when we visit..

We were just at the Straw Market on our Majesty Cruise last week. I'll never do the Straw Market again... It was SO HOT in that tent and SO crowded. If you touch something, the vendors are right there pressuring you to buy it. We were asked constantly if we wanted our hair braided. A simple 'no thank you' is all you need to say. If you've never been there before, give it a try! Lots of stuff to buy, but next time I'll skip it!

Yes, you can walk there right from the ship. You can find alot of the same stuff on Bay Street in the souvenir shops.

Archived