Any insights on crew treatment?

vanders

I've been offered a job onboard Norwegian in the entertainment department, just wondering if anyone has any insights about how this department is treated on board - privileges, where they eat, public-room access etc, and perhaps most importantly: food quality :D

Thanks for any help you can give me!

I've been offered a job onboard Norwegian in the entertainment department, just wondering if anyone has any insights about how this department is treated on board - privileges, where they eat, public-room access etc, and perhaps most importantly: food quality :D

You will want to try to speak with ohioNCLcruiser. He just finished working in Hawaii and has posted blogs.

First of all..Congrats... I am envious..which I had done something like that when i was young enough to.

The only thing I can say to you about anything you were asking about is that on our last NCL cruise this last May on the Star, for the first time ever I noticed that we would see crew members dining in the speciality restaurants. I don't know if this is new or we just noticed it this last cruise. We had seen officers in them before, but never like just plain every day crew members. We saw several that appeared to be on "dates".. I do not know if this was an exception or what.. We also sat next to entertainers one day in the buffet, so you should get to go some places on the ship if what we witnessed on the Star was any indication. I thought it was nice to see the staff on a personal level here and there.

Archived