Quickest travel time from Dockyard

Topaz114

Hi,

I've read lots of threads, but now my brain is scrambled and I want to make sure I understand my travel options correctly. If I want to get from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay, which is the quickest way? Ferry to Hamilton, then bus to Horseshoe Bay -OR- is there a bus that goes directly from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay? Also, I'm interesting in visiting Church Bay for Snokeling. Is this on my way to Horseshoe Bay (or close by) or is it totally out of the way from the Dockyard? How would you recommend getting to Church Bay?

Lastly, are there bathrooms on the ferry and buses?

Thank you so much! I just booked my Bermuda trip (which is only 1 month away) and so I'm scrambling for info.

The #7 bus goes from dockyard to Hamilton via South Shore Road, past most of out beaches, it takes about 30 minutes to get to Horseshoe Bay from either end. The ferry takes 20-30 minutes to go from dockyard to Hamilton there are bathrooms on board, but not on the busses. Church bay is closer to the dockyard end of the #7 route. Church bay and Horseshoe are about 2 miles apart on foot.

So, is that about a 30 minute ride from Dockyard to Hamilton (via either bus or ferry), then another 30 minutes from Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay (total of an hour)? Am I understanding your posts correctly? Thank you so much for your help. :o

I think what the OP is saying is if you take bus #7 from the Dockyard you'll you'll pass the beaches while the bus continues to Hamilton so it would be under 30 minutes to HB. If you choose to take the ferry to Hamilton, (20-30minutes), then you'd have to take the bus back the other way for another 30 minutes. Quicker directly from the Dockyard!;) Hope this is clear and the OP can correct if needed.

Last October there was a bus from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay marked "special" that goes direct to Horseshoe Bay. Trip takes about 20 minutes. I think the special buses only run when cruise ships are in port.

Last October there was a bus from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay marked "special" that goes direct to Horseshoe Bay. Trip takes about 20 minutes. I think the special buses only run when cruise ships are in port.
Does anyone know what the fare is for this bus? I think that I read that the "special" buses are not covered by the transportation passes. Thanks.

We just did this. The one way bus/ferry token was $4.00, so $8.00 RT.

If you get the one day pass it is $12 for the day, or $20 for 2 days. So if you are only doing one route each day, the indiv. tokens are best. If you want to combine bus and ferry routes -the passes are best. From the dockyard we did Hamilton one day(ferry) and Horseshoe bay(direct bus-20 min.) the next. So we did the tokens at $4 each. It really wasn't difficult. Have fun!

If you're leaving from the dockyard via the #7 bus, stopping at Church Bay for a while and then taking the bus to Horseshoe Bay and staying a bit before returning to the Dockyard would it pay to get a pass or still tokens ?

The pass.. I think, because it would take another token for you to board the bus a second time.

Can anyone who was recently on a cruise that docked at the Dockyard confirm that there was a special Horsehoe Bay Express bus running? We'll be there on Princess on Sunday 8/17 and I'm hoping that option is available.

Thanks!!:D

Archived