currency question

kdee69

we are travelling on the Jade on Saturday (hoola hoola)

Am i correct in thinking that all I need to apy on board whilst on ship is my credit card?

i'm working all my money out and trying to ascertain how many euros to buy.

Also, is it credit rather than debit card on board that I use for everything?

edit: can I tip staff in pounds? Or are dollars or euros preferred?

Yes all your spend on ship, will go on whatever card you give them the details of when you board, credit or debit, they will accept either.

The staff will obviously accept tips in any money. When we were on the Jade a few weeks ago we gave our regular bar tender a little extra by adding it to the bar tab at the end of our last night. We also did this a couple of times in speciality restaurants. That goes onto your onboard account and the staff will receive that in US$, I assume that is credited to their personal onboard account.

I would assume that they would prefer to either have dollars which they can spend onboard or euros which will be more useful to them when going ashore when sailing the Med. I would also assume that they have an official money exchange and guess that they have an unnofficial money exchange between themselves.

I actually left our cabin steward a tip in pounds sterling, as the week after they were doing a round Britain trip and I thought it would be more useful at that time and he could swap it if he was not going ashore.

When they turn around in Southampton, they will not have time to get off as they are so busy that day, so pounds will not be of immediate use to them but money is money anyway.

Enjoy the Jade, you will love it

Tip: the proper full monty breakfast, with real back bacon and black pudding is the first action station in the buffet cafe.

Archived