Working On Another Cc Group ( Lifers)

Pugs

Where do you want your next CC group cruise to be?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want your next CC group cruise to be?

• Pride out of Balitimore, Half moon, Grand Turk,Freeport
    • ?? of of Ft. Lauderdale , Costa Rica, Colon

Ok Lifer's guess what? Remember all the car trouble I had prior to our cruise? Well, on the way home from "w" on Friday I was involved in a car accident. The car in front of me lost control of their car and hit the concrete divider (we were in the left hand lane). It was like watching a pinball. The car hit the divider and turned completely around. I was praying the car didn't come towards me. I slammed on the brakes as the car in front of me did doughnuts across 4 lanes of traffice and ended up going the wrong way in the far right lane. It was a miracle that I did not hit the car nor did anyone else. Definitely an angel on the shoulder of the woman driving that car. Just when I thought it was over and I had come to an almost complete stop I got hit from behind. A young teenager hit me from behind. I got out of my van and called 911. Can you believe they put me on hold? The kid that hit me was in tears. He put all his time and money into fixing up his car. When he slammed on his brakes his car apparently went down in the front and he went under my bumper and car. I thought I was the only one as I was able to drive away. I definitely need a new bumper but now it looks like he did some damage under my car. Not sure what but the car sounds like a race car (probably tail pipe) and now when the car is at a stand still (like at a red light) the car bucks and stalls. Unbelievable - after all I went thru with this car. Obviously the good news is that I am ok. I was shaken up - I have never witnessed anything like that in my life. If the car in front of me didn't go sideways and headed for me I can't imagine what would have happened. It makes me sick just to think about it. I'd rather think about the next cruise I'm taking. So Maryland, looks like I'll be back for the burnt orange rental car after all - UGGHHHH!!!!:mad:

OMG, I am glad you are ok. Looks like 08-08-08 was not good for some of us.

Take the burnt orange car, thank the angel!

I am glad you are OK:)

OMG Pugs!!! I am happy to hear that John is up and around and apparently feeling better. Hang in there!!!

John had a good day today! No pain meds. he seems to be much better. The neck looks 95 % better.... The cuts are closing, still a little bit draining, this is a good thing!!!! Can't handle that draining mess:( ....

Ok Lifer's guess what? Remember all the car trouble I had prior to our cruise? Well, on the way home from "w" on Friday I was involved in a car accident. The car in front of me lost control of their car and hit the concrete divider (we were in the left hand lane). It was like watching a pinball. The car hit the divider and turned completely around. I was praying the car didn't come towards me. I slammed on the brakes as the car in front of me did doughnuts across 4 lanes of traffice and ended up going the wrong way in the far right lane. It was a miracle that I did not hit the car nor did anyone else. Definitely an angel on the shoulder of the woman driving that car. Just when I thought it was over and I had come to an almost complete stop I got hit from behind. A young teenager hit me from behind. I got out of my van and called 911. Can you believe they put me on hold? The kid that hit me was in tears. He put all his time and money into fixing up his car. When he slammed on his brakes his car apparently went down in the front and he went under my bumper and car. I thought I was the only one as I was able to drive away. I definitely need a new bumper but now it looks like he did some damage under my car. Not sure what but the car sounds like a race car (probably tail pipe) and now when the car is at a stand still (like at a red light) the car bucks and stalls. Unbelievable - after all I went thru with this car. Obviously the good news is that I am ok. I was shaken up - I have never witnessed anything like that in my life. If the car in front of me didn't go sideways and headed for me I can't imagine what would have happened. It makes me sick just to think about it. I'd rather think about the next cruise I'm taking. So Maryland, looks like I'll be back for the burnt orange rental car after all - UGGHHHH!!!!:mad:

OMG! Glad you are okay. Suddenly Burnt Orange doesn't seem so bad.

Your Guardian angel was watching over you.

John had a good day today! No pain meds. he seems to be much better. The neck looks 95 % better.... The cuts are closing, still a little bit draining, this is a good thing!!!! Can't handle that draining mess:( ....

Tell John we were all thinking of him!! Glad he is feeling better

Thanks for all the well wishes. I consider myself very lucky. I thanked God for the angel he sent my way today during mass (I know he heard me Friday night but thought since I was in his house I would thank Him again). You know the burnt orange car is starting to look a little better to me!!!!:)

Pugs, I'm glad John is feeling better.

It's a rainy night in NJ. The girls and I are watching the Olympics - women's gymnastics. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Oh my! The burnt orange rental car returns! Perhaps that is the beginning of a new horror film!!:eek:

However, glad you were not hurt, that's the important part. That lady may have had an angel on her shoulder, but obviously, you did too! Sorry the kid behind you hit you though. Perhaps it is time for a new car???:confused:

Oh my! The burnt orange rental car returns! Perhaps that is the beginning of a new horror film!!:eek:

However, glad you were not hurt, that's the important part. That lady may have had an angel on her shoulder, but obviously, you did too! Sorry the kid behind you hit you though. Perhaps it is time for a new car???:confused:

I think you are right. I've been telling DH that I need a new car all weekend!!!

Why will this not stay where I put it:eek: ...

Looking at the dates , if the Freedom stays on the same sailings, the Eastern will be 7-3-10, which we will never get as a group and 7-31-2010. So will 7-31-10 work? The freedom is 8 days with 4 at sea days.

I think for the pride it was 7-4-2010 same thing Holiday sailing , will never get as agroup, 7-18-2010

7 day Eastern, 3 at sea days.

Either date works for us (kids will be in college by then and college wraps up around end of May and doesn't begin til end of August here (usually;) ).

I know I originally voted for B'more, but the more I think about it, the more I think Freedom is the better itin - the port time in Freeport and Grand Turk are just too short and to make that distance in that short of time we would be rockin' and rollin':eek:

Either date works for us (kids will be in college by then and college wraps up around end of May and doesn't begin til end of August here (usually;) ).

I know I originally voted for B'more, but the more I think about it, the more I think Freedom is the better itin - the port time in Freeport and Grand Turk are just too short and to make that distance in that short of time we would be rockin' and rollin':eek:

Your right the faster the ship goes the more rocking. I will just sub. you from the Baltimore in my head:eek: ....And add you to Freedom....

My son will be a grad 2010. Last summer before College:(

I did not vote and will not, I will go with what ever, however I do think the best for our dollar will be Freedom and I think the 8 days would be great , If I was to vote I would vote Freedom.

I bet we have lots of lurkers following us. I am sensing hundres if not thousands of little eyes watching us.

or maybe I spent too much time in the sun today. I can't let my tan get all blotchy. :D

Seriously lurkers, keep your eye on this thread. The Lifers are a great bunch of folks. A good mix of young and young at heart (can't say old, I'm in age denial afterall) ... familes and single folks too. We're spread from the east coast to the west coast, and many states in between!

Well you know me, school comes first. This is John's 3rd. year of IB classes. I could not do IB, to much for me! Social is Baseball, all his friends are on one of the three teams! :eek: He has school friends, but he said they are so, so!!!What ever that is.

I am ready for school to start back, after all I am now retired! :D I have an assignment for the last week of August, 6th grade, what was I thinking!

I will also be teaching the 2nd week of September for 3 weeks, all of November for 3rd.( baby leave for the teacher ). So am I REALLY RETIRED!!!!! Same private school I worked at. I don't want to sub public school.

I totally understand...school comes first in our house too. Kaitlyn knows she must stay focus for she can continue with cheerleading. At times, she does stress alittle.

You are sooo lucky...I wish I can retire. You must have loved being a kindergarten teacher, they are so cute at that age.:p Hubby tells me all the time I can quit my job anytime, but that would be silly. I do like my job, I can't complain...I only work 8-2pm Monday thru Friday and I am off when the kids are off. We have plenty of days off through out the year too. Kaitlyn was on line tonight checking to see when our first day off is...can you believe we go back on the 18th and our first day off is on the 26th? Thats when I say, "I love my job!":D

Good Luck subbing for 6th grade.....maybe it won't be too bad since school just started. Kids nowadays can be so disrespectful. I see it at my school at the elementary level.:eek:

OMG MERRI!!!!! That is so horrible, what a scary thing to go through.:eek:

I am glad you are okay. You definitely need to kiss that angel. AND, tell Charlie that I said "its time for a NEW car!":D Take Care and I will talk to you soon!

I bet we have lots of lurkers following us. I am sensing hundres if not thousands of little eyes watching us.

or maybe I spent too much time in the sun today. I can't let my tan get all blotchy. :D

Seriously lurkers, keep your eye on this thread. The Lifers are a great bunch of folks. A good mix of young and young at heart (can't say old, I'm in age denial afterall) ... familes and single folks too. We're spread from the east coast to the west coast, and many states in between!

YES!!! The lifers are a great bunch of folks!! The nicest people you would ever want to meet so come hang with us!!:D

Why will this not stay where I put it:eek: ...

Looking at the dates , if the Freedom stays on the same sailings, the Eastern will be 7-3-10, which we will never get as a group and 7-31-2010. So will 7-31-10 work? The freedom is 8 days with 4 at sea days.

I think for the pride it was 7-4-2010 same thing Holiday sailing , will never get as agroup, 7-18-2010

7 day Eastern, 3 at sea days.

7/31/10 sounds good, 8 days with 4 days at sea is AWESOME!:D

Glad to hear John had a good day so does this mean.....he will be off to baseball tomorrow? Sounds like he heals pretty fast, no pain meds today and he only had surgery 2 days ago...thats GREAT!:)

Tell John we were all thinking of him!! Glad he is feeling better

Hey Gary! How are you? As soon as I get a chance, I will have Kaitlyn send you a few pictures from the cruise....I have a few cute ones of Stewart. Tell Lisa we said hello. I will be in touch soon.;)

Archived