Packing for Formal Nights

Goose861

My DH and I are taking his parents on a cruise in Oct for their 50th Anniversary. We have never been on a cruise but I feel pretty prepared after reading all the info on here. I have a question about what we should bring for formal nights. I know they have changed it from formal nights but we would still like to get dressed up. Would we be ok if we bought nice dresses, not cocktail or party but nice dresses and for the men, a suit and just different shirts and ties for the two nights.

And on the non-formal nights would the men be ok with the three-button pull-over shirts and dress pants or kahkis?

I don't want to over pack but I want to make sure we pack the right things. I want this to be a great trip for them. Thanks for any advice.

Would we be ok if we bought nice dresses, not cocktail or party but nice dresses and for the men, a suit and just different shirts and ties for the two nights.

Yes, nice dresses will be fine, most women won't necessarily be in 'evening wear'.

And on the non-formal nights would the men be ok with the three-button pull-over shirts and dress pants or kahkis?

Yes, no jacket necessary; some don't even wear them for elegant night.

Have fun.

Archived