Haunted House in Key West

Latvish

We will be sailing to Key West in April of 2009.

My niece and nephew will be cruising with us and have been searching excursions.....

Can anyone give me some light on the Haunted house in Key West.

I would prefer to rent one of those battery cars and just whiz around town to show the kids the keys. And then drop off the car and head to Duvall street for a drink.

As I dont want to get pulled over in Key West and end up in the Monroe County Hotel for DUI.

My family and I have been to KW several times, so let me see if I can help you out. Forgive me if I misunderstood your question.

There's not really an official haunted house in Key West. There are several buildings (Audoubon House, the now defunct theater, and La Concha on Duval Street to name a few) that are featured in the ghost tours that run on the island.

Usually these tours are done around 8 and 11 at night.

Rent the car. Have the niece and nephew do an internet search and pick which sites they want to see. Everything is close together on the island and shouldn't take that long.

On a side note. I highly recommend that you take in St. Paul's Cathedral because it is "haunted" and because of the gorgeous stained glass windows. It's worth the time.

Also go to the top floor of the La Concha and check out the view. AMAZING!

Both of these are on Duval Street. Then go do the Duval crawl.

Have fun.

Archived