Husband might not get time off

gacruiser

How awful for you. I know you are heartbroke. DH needs to ask for the time off now and explain the situation. They may still say no but this way you will know now what you need to do. It is true after a certain timeframe you can not change the passanger but you are probably still within that timeframe of change. After all you have 2 months.

We went thru this in 2004 when the hurricanes were hitting Florida. DH was working CAT duty in Florida in the Ft Myers area. We live in NC. Since he was on CAT he was not suppose to get the time off, although it was approve for his regular duty job, once you are set on CAT all of that is gone. He had a greaat supervisor who allowed him to skip his first 3 days off and combine that with his next 3 days off and then allow him an extra day. We were lucky!! When you work CAT you work 12 hour days, 7 days a week for 3 weeks straight and then you have 3 days off to go home and then you come back. I have to say Disney was awesome when I contacted them they were willing to change the guest or allow us to reschedule for no fee.

Good Luck and I hope it works out for him to go.

Archived