Transportion: EWR to NYC

shemo

We want to go from EWR to the docks in Manhattan.

We need help in simplifying the public transit choices from EWR Airport to the docks in NYC where the NCL-Jewel will be located on Oct 18, 2008.

I see PATH and the Airport Bus Svc both go near there but the maps and schedules are so confusing I hope someone can help me.

We want to go from EWR to the docks in Manhattan.

We need help in simplifying the public transit choices from EWR Airport to the docks in NYC where the NCL-Jewel will be located on Oct 18, 2008.

I see PATH and the Airport Bus Svc both go near there but the maps and schedules are so confusing I hope someone can help me.

Take the Bus to Port Authority and then a cab to the pier....

I think the Bus is $15.00 pp and the cab will be about $10.00...The Bus is much easier than the train . You put the luggage on the bus until you get to Port Authority and there are no steps...the train/path is a lot of up and down and Port Authority Bus terminal(At 41st and eighth/nineth avenue is closer than the PAth Terninal at 33rd and 6th avenue.... you can if you are young and foolish walk from Port Authority...

I have had good luck getting limos for reasonable prices. If you add up the per person bus fare and add the cost of the taxi, I suspect this will be close to the cost of the limo which would be a one seat ride.

This worked for me last year when I compared taking New Jersey Transit to taking the LIMO to our hotel which was near the south end of Central Park.

The per person train fare was 15 dollars, so it would have been 30 dollars from the airport with a couple of changes. Then you add a 10 dollar cab ride from Penn station. The limo for us was around 42 to 45 dollars vs 40 dollars for the public transit option. Prices may have gone up, but try it.

I don't think I can name limo companies either, or I would recommend one.

Newark Liberty has a ground transportation link on their site for car services, we have had luck with Dial 7 but I am sure they are all good. I think you will save aggravation and break out even with money if you use a car service.

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/newarkliberty.html

• 2 weeks later...

Coming in on the train to Newark and thinking about staying in Seacacus at the Crown Point or Red Roof Inn. Will need to get to the pier the next day. Should we Taxi, Shuttle or Car Service to NY?

About how much would it cost to go about 6 miles?

Will also need transportation from Amtrak in Newark to Seacacus.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Could you give us more details about your plans? You're coming into Newark and then going to Secaucus and then to Bayonne? Do you have plans for NYC?

Have you checked out the Newark Hilton Penn Station? Normally, I would not recommend staying in Newark. However, it would save you a major cab fare to Secaucus and you would be right at Newark Penn Station where you can take Path into uptown or downtown NY for $1.75 each way. Then the next day you can just take a cab to the port.

138East:

We are arriving Newark from Indiana on Amtrak.

Then thinking about going to Seacacus Crown Point or Red Roof Inn Friday night. Or would it be to our advantage to stay close to EWR and then Super Shuttle over to the Manhattan Cruise Pier Saturday morning. Super Shuttle charges $19 each.

We have no plans for NYC, except to get on the boat.

And, no we have not looked into the Newark Hilton Penn Plaza. Will look at that today.

Thanks for any advise you may offer.

Archived