Help me decide on Mediterranean cruise

Jante

Hi all!

Looking to cruise Mediterranean next Sept or Oct. Looing at Carnival Liberty & Carnival Dream inaugural cruise. Any thoughts on either? Best/worst balcony cabins? Anyone know who the cruise director is on either? Our first Carnival cruise we had a fabulous CD named John (English, I think) who was just first rate!

First off the Liberty is a lot cheaper than the Dream. When they decided not to send the Freedom back in the spring we had to change our cruise, TransAtlantic. We compared the ports, the same for when we were booking, but our balcony was about $200 less on the Liberty. Since by that time we will have done 2 TransAtlantic on the Freedom, 2007 &2008, we went with the Liberty. We also decide to switch to an interior cabin and do a B2B with the 12 Day Grand Med and TransAtlantic. The total for this change was a little under $400 to give us 12 extra days of cruising. Many on our roll calls have made the decision to stay on the Liberty because of the cost also.

We also were on the Freedom Oct. 12, 2009 Grand Med but when that got canceled we decided to do the Dream for the second sailing Oct. 3, 2009 we have a roll call of 11 couples that we got together and made a group so our price is lower and we are getting $200 OBC. We have balcony cabins in the aft Empress deck and Upper aft deck. We are paying about $300 more total for the new ship which is only reasonable. Come join us we are a fun group. Linda Here is the link to our roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15722716&posted=1#post15722716

wow , hope you go to Italy, that's my dream vacation, and where my ancestors are from.. i know the 7a obstructed view balconies cost less because the lifeboats are blocking part of the view.. i heard that the owners suite is abosolutely gorgeous and roomy,, and the penthouse suite is nice too.. did you go to carnival's site and take a virtual tour? whatever you decide, have a great time.

Archived