Yelapa & Majahuitas Snorkeling Tour

secretv2

Hi Everyone-

We are so interested in doing a tour to Yelapa, Puerto Vallarta. It looks wonderful and picture perfect. I am finding a hard time finding reviews. The ones, I have seen are real basic and not that many. Any reviews and reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. Carnival offers the Discover Yelapa Tour.

Thank you,

secretv2 :confused:

1. Tour Princess Yelapa and Majahuitas Puerto Vallarta

Yelapa and Majahuitas Snorkeling Tour ... on the Princess Vallarta to Yelapa and Majahuitas. We offer the ... Games. Activities such as downtown yelapa tour, banana boats, parasailing and

http://www.puertovallartatours.net/y...snorkeling.htm

2. Pegaso Discover Yelapa Tour - Puerto Vallarta

Kids under 5 still need to be reserved, even though they are free. DISCOVER YELAPA SAIL Tour beautiful ... remote hideaway of Yelapa. There are no roads in Yelapa, the only access

http://www.puertovallartatours.net/p...elapa-tour.htm

3. Tour Yelapa with Vallarta Adventures in Puerto Vallarta

Booze Cruise to Yelapa and Majahuitas at discounted ... a luxury catamaran to Yelapa and Majahuitas. We offer ... HAVE TWO OTHER CRUISES TO YELAPA & MAJAHUITAS THAT ARE CHEAPER AND

http://www.puertovallartatours.net/y...oze-cruise.htm

As you posted on this board, I'm assuming your main interest is in snorkeling. You can snorkel along the left side of the bay facing the beach, but it's nothing to write home about. We usually take our snorkeling gear to Yelapa, but use it only once or twice in our one-week stay there, and we are avid snorkelers. Often waves kick up the sandy bottom and visiality is poor. So snorkeling isn't the reason to go there. For that matter there isn't good snorkeling in the Bay of Banderas(Puerta Vallarta Bay).

Yelapa is beautiful and picture perfect. Tour boats come in in the morning, and first drop tourist off at the town pier, to go up to the waterfall or the village. Then boats come into the wide beach area and anchor. There's no pier on this side, so it's wet landing. One side of the beach is Hotel Lagunitas. There are many beach restaurants with lounge chairs on other side, and that's where you'd go as a day visitor. Every one of those restaurants are good and safe (I've tried almost all of them). Stick to fish. Local fishermen beach their boats right there at 7 o'clock, before mooring the tangas for the day in the lagoon behind the restaurants. Save room for a slice of pie from pie ladies of Yelapa.

Electricity came into Yelapa only five or so years ago. There's no car. It will be a relaxing beautiful beach day.

We've only gone to Yelapa to stay for a week or so to relax. We just take a water taxi from Vallarta. We've never been there as a day tourist, so I can't help you with a tour review. People seem to have a good time, though. It is a beautiful place, very laid back, and really nothing to do.

Archived