Anyone Gone Rafting in Costa Rica Through RCI?

lgazz

We will be cruising JOS in November - Panama Canal itinerary. ("We" are DH and sons ages 8 & 10.) Shore excursions have just been posted and I am anxious to book a few good ones! (We don't do independent tours...I guess we're just not willing to take a chance if something goes wrong. So, we pay the ship as an "insurance" policy.)

(I also posted this on the RCI board. I am hoping someone has experience to share.)

Anyway, I have searched this board and the RCI board and I cannot find the kind of answer I am looking for...

I am debating on booking the White Water Rafting excursion (though the ship) in Costa Rica. The description says that the section of the river is a "Class 1 - Class 2 + Rapids". (I have never gone rafting before, so this doesn't mean much to me.) The description goes on to say, "Typically this type of whitewater rafting rapids will get you wet but will not displace you from the raft. It is perfect for kids from 8 years and up."

When perusing this board, I found a thread about the Carnival excursion. Some people posted that it was pretty "adventurous"...some were thrown out of the raft and one said that a raft was overturned. This is NOT what I am looking for! (I do not know where the Carnival excursion went, but it did make me question the choice of the RCI excursion.)

Has anyone done the RCI White Water Rafting excursion through RCI? Any comments for a family with young children (ages 8 & 10)??

Thanks!

Hi lgazz,

We are Sherry and Michael from Pearland, Tx. and we will be on the Panama Canal Cruise with your family. Welcome. Come join our Board Group and get to meet your fellow passengers. In case you don't know how:

Go to Boards- (Above left)

Go to Roll Calls- Members Only

Go to Royal Caribbean Meet and Mingle

Go to Jewel of The Seas

Then scroll down to 11//17/08- Panama Canal

There you will meet some of your fellow cruisemates. We are chatting daily. We are now planning our excursions and some of the cruisers have done this cruise before so have some expertise. We also have enough people signed up for a Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle so will want you to add your names to the Party.

Michael and I are interested in the rafting trip in Costa Rica.

Sherry:)

Archived