Formal Nights etc. When do you find out?

daneicy80

When exactly do you find out what nights are formal/casual? Is it in the documents somewhere or must you wait until you read the compasses on the ship to know what days are what? I know that plenty of people post it on the boards but, for regular folks when do they find out?

Any input... I will be on the Serenade 11/27 to the Southern Caribbean, anyone know what nights are what?

Thanks.

In my experience, so far (4 cruises with RCL) for a 7 day cruise, the second nite is usually formal and the next to the last nite (nite #6) is Formal.

However you can always E-mail RCCL Guest Relations from the RCCL website to get your specific cruise.

cruzincat

I'm still trying to find out if there is a "smart casual" or informal night on Royal Caribbean. My husband and son will be wearing their tuxes for formal nights. I need to know whether or not to pack the sportcoats. Hey, if they're not needed it's more room for my stuff. ;)

PS- I'm going on the assumption that formal nights are the same days that we are at sea all day. Is that correct?

Yes, there is a smart casual night, however a nice button down shirt and slacks will be fine. My DH did not take his blazer this past trip because he was tired of wearing it and having so many others in all sorts of different dress. He was not out of place for not having it. He did wear a tux on formal night.

Make more room for your clothes.:D

If you decide to dine in Portofinos one night instead of the dining room, the suggested attire is "Smart Casual", which we all know is subject to interpretation. However, you will get a note of confirmation in your room and on that note it says "jacket suggested." Not that you HAVE to wear a jacket, but its suggested.

We had a call from Chops and nothing was said about a jacket. MY DH wore a shirt and tie and was over dressed.
I should have clarified. I was on the AOS, not the Serende, so its possible that they have a different dress code at Portofinos on the AOS, than they do at Chops on the Serenade.

Archived