Transportation from LAX to San Pedro Cruise Terminal

citoman

I need to find out what would be the most economical way to get transportation from LAX airport to the San Pedro Cruise Terminal. We are 4 people and will have between 5 or 6 suitcases.

Is there any car rental company that would allow us to return the car near the port and would provide us with transportation to the Cruise Terminal?

Thank you for your help.

1. Super Shuttle and Prime Time Shuttle have various pricing whether you book ahead, thru the internet, Triple A members or walk up at LAX. Generally speaking it is less expensive if you book ahead.

2. Enterprise Car Rental is the only agency that I know of that is at both LAX and at the entrance of the Port. I would check not only their internet site but also call their 800 number for rates including drop off fees if there are any.

3. Since there are four of you a cab would be $35-$45 plus tip. It is exactly 19 miles from LAX to San Pedro port. However, driving time and port congestion can add time and expense.

Steve Hayes

I need to find out what would be the most economical way to get transportation from LAX airport to the San Pedro Cruise Terminal. We are 4 people and will have between 5 or 6 suitcases.

Is there any car rental company that would allow us to return the car near the port and would provide us with transportation to the Cruise Terminal?

Thank you for your help.

A regular cab will not hold 4 people and all their travel luggage. You would need to order a taxi van which costs more. Shuttle service is more economical but be sure to make reservations for both ways as I witnessed pax at the pier once arguing with a shuttle driver because they didn't have reservations but wanted a ride in his vehicle. He told them he was full with reserved seats. They were upset because they said they were told they didn't need reservations and were afraid they would miss their flight. Happy Sailing!

Enterprise does have a drop off in San Pedro, but last time I checked their website, they are closed on Sunday's. Don't know what day you are leaving. We are also 4 and thinking of doing the same. We leave on a Sunday. I am also looking into Long Beach drop offs and having hubby drop us and luggage at pier, him returning car to Long Beach and getting a cab or shuttle to the pier.

Archived