honeymoon

ss795

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and have sailed with carnival a few times. I have always loved it! I am looking into cruises I can take for my honeymoon but do not know which one to pick. My fiance has not been on a cruise ever and I do love carnival ships. I noticed the carnival dream is coming out around the time I will be getting married (jan 2010) and thought it would be perfect. Any suggestions?? advice is greatly appreciated. Also there is a eastern and western caribbean cruise and dont know which one would be best. Please help!!!

First of all, Congratulations! Going on a new ship is always great fun. You don't mention what itineraries you have taken before, so it's a little difficult to advise you. Have you been on the Mexican Riviera on any of your previous cruises? I ony mention it because the Splendour, while it won't be brand new, will be less than a year old. It would also allow you to upgrade (I see you are from California) for the same money that you would spend on airfare getting to the east coast. That being said, we have done western and eastern caribbean trips and enjoyed them both - but LOVED the water and sand on the eastern. That's my two cents for what it's worth. Have fun planning!:)

Welcome to the boards here, and congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding!

My best advice would be to read as many reviews and see as many pics of both eastern and western to really get an idea of what you want, and what you think your honey would enjoy. The links to both my review and my Webshots album of cruise pics are linked in my signature if you wanna check them out. Many other people have their reviews and/or pictures linked as well. You will likely stress over your wedding plans, so have fun with the honeymoon plans; as of now you have plenty of time.

My (and my husband's) one and only cruise so far was on the Carnival Legend for our honeymoon in May. We loved it. You could imagine as you've already sailed Carnival. It was a Western itinery out of Tampa. Now that the Dream is coming out, I looked into that itinery... and their Western itinery is actually my personal Dream itinery! Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Roatan... If only it could leave out of Tampa, so I can tie some time there to my cruise, again!

My husband did a land trip to St. Thomas once upon a time. He said he thought Roatan was more beautiful than St. Thomas! The water is so clear in Roatan, so if you're into snorkeling, the snorkeling there has been consistently rated some of the best anywhere, equal to or beyond comparison to Cozumel!

Thank you so much for all of your input. I have gone to the mexican riviera twice, baja once, and nassua bahamas twice. I am quite excited to find all the information I need here because it seems everyone here is really helpful. Thank you for the help and the welcome :)

The tips you guys gave will come in handy! Thank you snc421 for telling me your opinion and the experiences you have been on. What did you love about the western itinerary?

And thank you Sparkscruiser for telling me your opinion on the caribbean cruises. What did you love about the western and eastern trips? any tips ( it will be in the caribbean for sure) was the weather nice when you went?

Thanks again for the welcome and all of your help!

Archived