It's been years in the making...

Rudi610

I finally did it! After years of daydreaming, I booked a Disney cruise for my wife and me. And we are going to bring our 3 little rug rats with us. I snagged 2 interior, connecting cabins on Deck 1 for my family of 5. We are going to be on the Easter week sailing of the Magic (April 11, 2009). We thought about a summer cruise, but when I found out the kids will have the whole week of Easter off (crossing fingers for NO snow makeup days), I could not pass it up. My oldest daughter will be 11 by the time of the sailing and she is getting to the age where the "magic" of Disney is not quite so special. The 2 younger kids (DD 8 and DS 5)--no problem. A couple of questions:

Has anyone stayed on Deck 1 before? It doesn't look like there are many passenger cabins on that deck. But it does look convenient for getting on and off the ship in port. Plus low and in the middle will be limited movement while the ship is at sea.

Being Easter week, will Disney have any Easter services on board? I think Easter Sunday is a sea day.

I did start a Roll Call for this sailing on that board if anyone wants to join me over there.

After almost 14 years, my wife and I are finally headed out to sea again. Our last cruise was on RCL's Nordic Empress in 1995. That spoiled us. However, a new marriage, young kids, and a couple of job changes prevented us from going again, until now.

I finally did it! After years of daydreaming, I booked a Disney cruise for my wife and me. And we are going to bring our 3 little rug rats with us. I snagged 2 interior, connecting cabins on Deck 1 for my family of 5. We are going to be on the Easter week sailing of the Magic (April 11, 2009). We thought about a summer cruise, but when I found out the kids will have the whole week of Easter off (crossing fingers for NO snow makeup days), I could not pass it up. My oldest daughter will be 11 by the time of the sailing and she is getting to the age where the "magic" of Disney is not quite so special. The 2 younger kids (DD 8 and DS 5)--no problem. A couple of questions:

Has anyone stayed on Deck 1 before? It doesn't look like there are many passenger cabins on that deck. But it does look convenient for getting on and off the ship in port. Plus low and in the middle will be limited movement while the ship is at sea.

Being Easter week, will Disney have any Easter services on board? I think Easter Sunday is a sea day.

I did start a Roll Call for this sailing on that board if anyone wants to join me over there.

After almost 14 years, my wife and I are finally headed out to sea again. Our last cruise was on RCL's Nordic Empress in 1995. That spoiled us. However, a new marriage, young kids, and a couple of job changes prevented us from going again, until now.

Your going to have a blast!!

Deck one is easy for on and off the ship, your right about that and less movement.

Mostly crew quarters and medical facilities down there. we have friends who have been there a few times. most rooms are great but a couple you may hear a humming noise from the engines, not enough to keep you awake, but when they fire up the thrusters to dock you will hear it and feel the vibration on most of decks one and deck 2 AFT.

we have been on 2 before and it never really bothered us, we are up early anyway. Most say its not enough to bother them, just thought you should know.

I do believe they have a non-denomential (spelling?) service early in the morning. The do for Christmas , so they should on Easter too.

If not you will get some TV stations and I'm sure at least one of them should carry an Easter service.

mom x4,grandma x4

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise! I see you just got some very good answers to your questions so I'll just say welcome to DCL. Your family is in for an incredible treat that they will remember for years. Your children are perfect ages for doing this. Our daughter did her first Disney cruise at 11. She's almost 14 and she still begs us to book more Disney. We only wish we had tried them years earlier with our now grown kids. Enjoy!

Cheryl

Thanks for all of the replies. I've been reading these boards for a while and I find that Momx4 has some really good insight (I guess all of those cruises help). One other question I have -- when my wife and I sailed on the Nordic Empress for out honeymoon, it had a wrap around promenade deck. We found it nice for those late evening strolls. Does Disney's promenade go all the way around the ship?

Thanks.

Archived