Travel/Compact Fins

DEL67

With the new airline luggage restrictions I am considering buying a pair of travel/compact fins. Any suggestions?

Hi,

If it's airline restrictions leading you to compact fins (I personally don't like short fins due to the loss of propulsion over longer fins) then you might just consider how you transport them. You ARE allowed to take on a smaller roller bag besides a backpack. I have a backpack similar to this:

Scuba-Mask-Fin-Snorkel-Backpack-Bag.jpg

That carries my full sized fins, mask and snorkel which I just sling over my shoulder and take on the plane as my backpack (I'm still allowed a small roller bag if I take other things like my underwater camera, regulator, and other sensitive gear. This one was around $20 at scuba.com under bags but there's lots of similar bags available. So just as an option, you might consider regular fins and a specialized carrying bag instead of specialized fins in a regular bag.

Randall

Archived