Mariner Question

We're just booking our cabin on Mariner and wonder if anyone has experience with cabins 1530 or 1230 on the 10th deck. It appears they are the last two cabins on the back, with an open space behind. Is there something next to these rooms we need to be aware of or is it open space? How about noise? We would love to have you share your experience with these cabins!

We're just booking our cabin on Mariner and wonder if anyone has experience with cabins 1530 or 1230 on the 10th deck. It appears they are the last two cabins on the back, with an open space behind. Is there something next to these rooms we need to be aware of or is it open space? How about noise? We would love to have you share your experience with these cabins!

The area forward of those two cabins is the bridge and offices and conference room for the Captain. You should not have any noise problems at all except the occasional door slamming. On the other hand, that far foward will be an exciting ride if you have rough seas.

They are under the spa and fitness center so you may hear some banging if there is exercise equipment over those cabins....don't really know exactly what is overhead right there.

Enjoy :)

We've stayed in 1240 and 1234 on the Adventure and the Mariner. This is my preferred area of the ship. The open space is the bridge and quarters for the captain and some senior staff. Anyone coming and going there will be very quiet and you shouldn't notice. One of the reasons why I love this section is that there are very few people in the hall so it's very quiet. The gym is right above and as it isn't open late at night, it was silent. I did hear a class slightly early one morning on a sea day but not enough to really wake me up. The rooms are right near the elevators and the stairs which lead up to the solarium which is our favourite spot so we don't have to do a lot of walking through hallways. I am very prone to motion sickness but haven't had a problem being up at the front of the ship, even when we had a few rough days on the last cruise.

em

We've stayed in 1240 and 1234 on the Adventure and the Mariner. This is my preferred area of the ship. The open space is the bridge and quarters for the captain and some senior staff. Anyone coming and going there will be very quiet and you shouldn't notice. One of the reasons why I love this section is that there are very few people in the hall so it's very quiet. The gym is right above and as it isn't open late at night, it was silent. I did hear a class slightly early one morning on a sea day but not enough to really wake me up. The rooms are right near the elevators and the stairs which lead up to the solarium which is our favourite spot so we don't have to do a lot of walking through hallways. I am very prone to motion sickness but haven't had a problem being up at the front of the ship, even when we had a few rough days on the last cruise.

em

Ditto. I love this location. Very convenient to pool and spa. We've stayed in 1240 and noise was never an issue.

We are staying in rooms 1577, 1579, and 1581 (interior cat L) for our upcoming November Mariner cruise and also have been wondering about this location. We are a bit more towards mid-ship (not by much) so was wondering how the motion is there? Additionally, we have 2 new cruisers coming along who are concerned about the motion and size of rooms.

We are hoping that the interior rooms won't be too small for us, since we have never stayed in them. We've always had oceanview or balcony rooms so this will be a serious downgrade this time. Oh well, at least it's still a cruise :)

We are staying in rooms 1577, 1579, and 1581 (interior cat L) for our upcoming November Mariner cruise and also have been wondering about this location. We are a bit more towards mid-ship (not by much) so was wondering how the motion is there? Additionally, we have 2 new cruisers coming along who are concerned about the motion and size of rooms.

We are hoping that the interior rooms won't be too small for us, since we have never stayed in them. We've always had oceanview or balcony rooms so this will be a serious downgrade this time. Oh well, at least it's still a cruise :)

You should be very pleased. I think the fact that you are by grand suites gives you an indication that the location is superb. Members of our party stayed in interior cabins in that general location and they were very,very pleased. There were three of them and while the cabin in not large it is well designed so you should be fine. We were avoiding a hurricane and there was no motion to speak of. It has been our experience that the cabin attendants are exceptional on deck 10. Actually, you might end up with Yolanda and she is a jewel. We stay in anything from an interior to a junior suite and as long as you know what to expect I don't think it affects your enjoyment of the cruise.

We had #1230 last October and have #1530 this October.. They are at the front of the ship on opposite sides. You only have a room to your right in #1230 and to your left in #1530.

We loved #1230 as it was a very quiet part of the ship. Since it is all the way to the front you don't have people walking past your door all night long. Plus it is nice to only have a room on one side as opposed to being surrounded, gives you a little more privacy on your balcony.

Archived